Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Okay guys, I'm sure that you guys have done something like this before, but I would like to start something here. I'm going to request to see a pattern or handle material, whoever answers that request with a pic of what I wanted to see will then get to ask for a pic of something GEC they want to see.

I think we can go far in this, even getting a little more creative in our pics requests.

So, I would like to see a #28 French Kate. : )

Views: 611

Replies to This Discussion

Johnny,

I know what you're saying. I'm a big fan of the #72's too (and others). Hard to afford all of our favorites. I just picked up an '08 or '09 Northfield #72 in Red Stag. It is pretty nice too - posted it today in my GEC album #3 and in the general pics on iKC. Also got a Tidioute #72 in Stonewashed Blue that I know you will like. One of my favorite #72's is the Ruby Red Tidioute that is the PPP model. I would love to use it but being that it is a PPP I kinda hate to. The jigging feels really good in hand.

You pick the next pattern to submit a picture of since you started this post....

Let me see that Stonewash Blue and I'll be a happy man.

There is something I really like about those scales, GEC doesn't do blue all that much, but they did a good job on these. I still keep my eyes open for some new #72s, but I'll have to wait awhile before we see some more I think. 

Here you go Johnny....Yep, had to wear shorts. It was up to 86 here the other day. I'd be happy with some blue jean weather myself. I like having a coin pocket to put my knife in! Works great for a #56 or #72 but no #23's or Hogans.

Thats an exceptionally dark one, very pretty waves too. Great knife  my friend, I really do love the feeling you get looking at these knives. The blade would look good with a patina too, but which one wouldn't?

Ok, I finally got all my gals and guys together for a group shot.   It didn't turn out as good as I like, but here it is.

Looks good, I love the #12 and the #73 especially though, great knives. Do you have a GEC EDC yet? 

I think it's the best way to connect with a knife/company, carry their product and see what they truly pack. Awesome pic, thanks for sharing.

Billy,

You've got some nice ones there! I especially like the Cripple Creek #25 & #12 - nice color - (don't have any of the Cripple Creeks yet), the Tractor Green #26 (I love that color bone), the Tidioute melon tester (I don't have any of the Tidioute #89's or any knives with Goldenrod bone), like that stag half congress and the blue Tidioute congress. Heck they're all nice!!! I wish Northfield made a single blade #56 hawkbill like the Tidioute you have. I have the 2 & 3 blade NF's #56's but none of the Tid's. Nice collection of knives sir!

I like the variety of knives he has, it's almost a sampler platter of GEC. Great knives again Billy, I really like the Blood Red though, something really nice about the match strike pulls.

Johnny, I don't have an EDC from these yet. I'm waiting until I get more. If I chose one of these, it would be the blood red bone #73. The springs are strong on that one. i have almost cut myself opening it. It's a good thing that it has a half stop. There's no rhyme or reason to my buying. I see something I like and I buy it. Some of those I bought because they had a really good price. I drooled all over myself when i seen the # 73. It spoke to me and said, I want to be with yours. Thanks for the compliments.

Tom, I  really like the Hawkbill's color on the handle.That is one of my favorites besides the blood red # 73. This is what I have bought the last two years.That Melon Tester is a PPP which makes it more special. That is the only Melon tester I have in my entire knife collection. I like your # 72 in the stonewashed blue. Thanks for the compliments.

Billy, I think that the #73 would be my first choice out of those knives, I have EDCed 3 different  #73 and they were all great. For their size they disappear in the pocket, I know that Blood red bone would look even better with a patina. I think if you add a few more to the collection, you may need to add one to the pocket.

That's my plan, Johnny.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service