Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Here is a place to post those Steel Warriors and Frost branded knives. I know that a lot of you out there have them. I have heard mention of them from time to time.. I started really getting into collecting on a lot of these because you could get whole sets for very little money. S0 here is a place that you can show them.

Views: 6507

Replies to This Discussion

Syd, I'm not sure if you are aware of the rules of proper knife etiquette but one cannot mention 'Looks good on display though, so I have it sticking out of my "knife stump" with my fixed blades.' and not show said knife stump display!

I have to admit  that I I would have a lot fewer Frost Brand knives if it wasn't for one Billy Oneale.  A while back he sent me a bunch of Steel Warriors and Frost knives.   While I passed many of them along, there were also some real gems within the mix. Obviously the inflated retail values they quote on the show are ridiculous but the prices they actually sell them at are normally reasonable, at least for brands such as Ocoee River, Whitetail, Steel Warrior, and Black Hills.  I haven't had the chance to check out some of the old hardware stores knives frost has resurrected (Hibbard, E.C. Simmons) but I assume they are comparable to Steel Warriors.

I'll need to take some new pics of some of my faves.

Syd,

We recently received a Pakistan knife.  Seems to be good quality but the weight of it is amazing.  Like you, I would not be able to carry or use it for long

And this for Mothers Day from Jim Frost and Cutlery Corner, no purchase necessary: https://cutlerycorner.net/giveawaysignup.aspx

That would be a nice one to win.

Never one to violate etiquette, here is a photo(s) of my "knife stump", (a Manzanita burl lamp actually), there are grape wood pieces under there too. Hard to see all the knives, there are a couple of fixed blades & several other folders under the shade that are hard to see, and the sheaths shown all have knives in them too..I also have a glass bowl full of small "give away" knives, (cheap PRC folders, little tacticals, nail cutters, etc), in front of the aquarium next to the "stump". The second photo is the view from the throne, (my couch actually). Among them is my 30+ yr old Klein Electrician's knife I used when I worked as an electrician. Not a fancy knife, but one of my faves, and one I used daily for years.

Being just two blocks from the ocean, all knives shown are cleaned & oiled monthly, especially the non-stainless ones.

Tobias Gibson said:

Syd, I'm not sure if you are aware of the rules of proper knife etiquette but one cannot mention 'Looks good on display though, so I have it sticking out of my "knife stump" with my fixed blades.' and not show said knife stump display!

Well I think this needs to be put in that thread on how do you display your knives!    Awesome display Syd

I like that one quite a bit! That just might rival the stumps they used on Cutlery Corner!

Thanks, honestly it's the only place I have to put them. Part of the charm and necessity of living on the coast in a tourist area is living in tiny quarters, so you do what a lack of space dictates as far as storage and display goes.

As a side note, I built that lamp myself years ago, so that gives me the right to stick knives in it. Having all those knives on display scares hell out of the pizza delivery guy, he must think I'm gonna grab one and throw it at him or something. He can't keep his eyes off of them while he stands in the doorway, so I make sure to not go near them when he is around LOL...maybe I should give him a bigger tip?

Tobias Gibson said:

Well I think this needs to be put in that thread on how do you display your knives!    Awesome display Syd

I gotta admit that was where the idea came from actually. The only issue I have is the fact that Manzanita is extremely hard wood, so I actually took my Dremel and cut some slots rather than trying to "stab" the burl, and possibly bend the points of the blades of my precious knives.

Steve Hanner said:

I like that one quite a bit! That just might rival the stumps they used on Cutlery Corner!

Thats a good idea Syd, ha,ha that segment just makes me laugh as he destroys the whole set with the big Kahuna. Pretty sure all those tree pieces were maybe styrofoam.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
5 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
6 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
22 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service