Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Just came across a 4 Line Camillus Hobo knife from WWII on eBay.  Talk about a fake.

I told the seller we was wrong on so many levels.  Let's see if he takes the listing down.

We should have a place to share counterfeit knife listings to let the unsuspecting have a fighting chance

Here is the Japanese Hobo they are trying to pass off as 4 line WWII Camillus

Views: 401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

steve with EBAY and knives...you need to be able to prove its fake... its mucgh harder then you think... trust me.. why do you think they have built he feedback system around the seller..think as a buyer all you have to do is PAY..yet most sellers hold your feedback hostage until you leave positive..even though you 100$% did what you had to to9 receive yours.

Steve Hanner said:

So here is my next question: You say its fake and the seller say no its not and does nothing. Now what? You can walk away and not buy ....but what about the next guy or the guy after him? I guess what I am getting to is who or what is the final arbiter? Is there one?

peter force said:

steve with EBAY and knives...you need to be able to prove its fake... its mucgh harder then you think... trust me.. why do you think they have built he feedback system around the seller..think as a buyer all you have to do is PAY..yet most sellers hold your feedback hostage until you leave positive..even though you 100$% did what you had to to9 receive yours.

Steve Hanner said:

Sellers can't leave negative feedback on buyers. I often will not leave feedback for a buyer unless they have already left my feedback. 

The guy that was trying to sell that Russell grand dad Barlow with wrong blade, has dropped his price from $180 to..$160...$140...$120 and now is at $100 with no bids.

I think Tobias deserves a Golden Watchdog Award!! Great job on spotting a serious problem and jumping into action!! Someone may not know you saved them a lot of money and heartache so on behalf of an unknown consumer I will say thank you Tobias!!

You're quite welcome Chuck.  I actually do this quite often when I see a bad listing on eBay.  Most of the time it some jerk passing off a Royal Crest knife as a Swiss Army Knife.  I'm about 50% successful with those guys.  I send them i nice note that says, 

Hi I saw your listing for this knife and it could cause you some problems. The knife you have listed is made by Royal Crest and is NOT a Swiss Army Knife.  Swiss Army Knife is trademark of Victorinox and/or Wenger.  Please change your listing to "Swiss Army Like Knife"  This will prevent you from getting negative feed back or possible trouble with eBay.

Yeah, I have it in a file!

That is an awesome email that lets the seller know he can save some reputation and problems with the sale.  Good work

I could be totally wrong but this one seemed suspicious to me.    

My comment to the ebay seller

This knife looks somewhat suspicious. It is listed as pre-1939 however that type of can opener (the Saftey can-opener) was developed in 1944. The shield also looks like the one used by Schrade (the company that held the patent for that can opener until the early 1950s. LF&C was no longer contracted to make BSA knives during this time period.

Their comment back:

There is nothing suspicious at all about this knife. We have probably sold 50 of these over the years, and I purchased this knife from a friend who had this knife when he was a Boy Scout.

---

Other problems I have is the conditions of the blades compared to the bolsters, scales, and bale.  Why are the blades so bad compared to the rest of the knife?     Looks at best to be a "parts knife"  His comment back left me feeling even more dubious.  I'm not bidding!

It's not pre 1939, that's almost for sure. If his friend had it as a Boy Scout before 1939, he must be very old....lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service