Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest members,

Something we have not talked about lately is new aquisitions.  Tell us about your latest and greatest GEC.  Donnie bought me both the new 23's in the Beavertail (Worlds greatest husband by the way)  He got himself the newest 73 in Primitive bone.  THAT is a heck of a nice knife.

What have you gotten lately?

Tags: Cutlery, Eastern, Great

Views: 12321

Replies to This Discussion

No, Bark Elephant Ivory, which I guess you could call primitive bone - just higher up on the skeleton just not a cow.

Here's the new #65 Sambar. Serial # is 27, my daughter's birthday. Considering giving it to her, but we'll see

Oh well, At my age it's nice to have something to get excited about.

Looking good Dana! Big knife for your daughter though? I would be happy if my folks bought me some Genuine Stag! I have been trying to find just the right knife for my wife. I had one picked out but someone snapped it up before I did. I was looking at a #62 Pocket Whittler in acrylic but then wanted to buy one for myself too. I might just have to give her one of my non-GEC's to make it easy (and cheaper). That way I won't wince every time she doesn't use it the way that I think that she should or if she gets it all scratched up or loses it! If you give it to her I hope that you are better at being hands off at knife giving than I am! Good Luck!

Yes, very true. She is a novice, and this is my only #65 to date.

Dana, I think the Hogan is too much knife. But, thats my opinion, I have one and it's a pretty big pocket piece. I think that maybe a Templar, or a Geppetto would be better. 

Tom, I was gonna say I've never seen primitive bone that nice. I love those scales, on both knives. The Spear is a little less nice, but still very awesome. 

very nice knife alexander....

Alexander Noot said:

I've been eyeing GEC knives for ages, but since getting the iKC knife I just gad to get another one. So I ordered me a #12 Powderhorn Northfield from TSAknives and it arrived today. Now if only I could find a way to capture that gorgeous white pearl in a photo.........

wow tom those knives are beautiful thanks for showing us,the pictures are nice to....

Tom Peterson said:

Speaking of going off the deep end...I just posted some pics of a few new additions that showed up at my doorstep on my page/GEC photo album #4. Darn mailman won't quit bringing these GEC's! You guys are a bad influence on me I think! May be about time for an intervention - just gave me an idea for a new reality show....Here are a couple new ones that I enjoyed...

Good advice Johnny, and Tom, WOW for that one on top. Whatever it is.

Tom,

Congrats on the knives the Mammoths are rare and beautiful.  PS...dont you dare give her anything but a GEC (LOL)

Dana,

I do have to agree with the guys.  I love the Ben Hogan pattern but as a lady, dont carry one due to the size.  So I would guess it matters if you are starting her collection or buying a practical user.  I have carried the 66 mink a number of times.  It is a good fit , not too heavy, not too big for either the pocketbook or the pocket and great blades.

Is that Mink getting a patina??? 

Sure looks good to me Jan. 

Yes it is but don't tell Donnie...he will buff it

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by