Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest members,

Something we have not talked about lately is new aquisitions.  Tell us about your latest and greatest GEC.  Donnie bought me both the new 23's in the Beavertail (Worlds greatest husband by the way)  He got himself the newest 73 in Primitive bone.  THAT is a heck of a nice knife.

What have you gotten lately?

Tags: Cutlery, Eastern, Great

Views: 12315

Replies to This Discussion

Robert, sorry about not responding faster, I totally missed this.

I guess you got your answer and I'm glad to hear we will see the Missouri debut soon. I too, look forward to testing this knife out. The #23 has been a constant companion of mine for almost a month and it's become a good friend. The Missouri should be the same as the #72 as in lockback greatness. 

Stefan, this has been my favorite video of your's by far. You did an awesome job of showing off one beautiful knife. The story and depth of research was awesome to see as well. That knife looks very at home and it made for an excellent way to spend a few minutes. 

Thanks Johnny, this will be my first #23, I have a bunch of lockback clip point knives in this size by other brands but I wanted one made by GEC. Please under stand I like and use slip joint folders but there's a time when you need the blade to lock. I'll post a picture of some of my Lockbacks in Box Full of Knives, latter. I wish I knew what the handles were gonna be made of.

Well, lets see if we can get some knowledge on that Robert

We just ordered the Krack a Jack cotton sampler made by GEC.  Cant wait!!

Those are real neat, I almost bought one but ended up buying another Moose.

I have competing knife collections Great Eastern Cutlery and Randall Made Knives. I picked up three new ones recently and my collection has expanded to five. Please forgive me for violating group protocol with these outsiders! Thought that some might enjoy these though. Not quite a pretty as Seth's hammered blade ivory handled Treeman's but they are made right here in the land of the Mouse (aka Orlando)!

Very Nice Tom!  I really like the grind on those top two, well I like everything about them but I noticed the grind right away

Tom, you can never go wrong buying a Randall and those are some great patterns you've chosen.

I see GEC has a #79 in their production schedule. There is no #79 in their list of knives they make. I wonder if this is the number for the new and long awaited "Missouri" patern knives?

The #79 is the Montana Workhorse Whittler. A new frame and pattern. 3 backsprings,spear blade,clip blade and sheepsfoot blade. 3 3/4 inches overall length,closed. I think we'll be seeing the Missouri Knives sometime in July.

Robert Burris said

I see GEC has a #79 in their production schedule. There is no #79 in their list of knives they make. I wonder if this is the number for the new and long awaited "Missouri" patern knives?

Handmade Blades,

Thank you for all of the kind words. But lately my love of knives has gotten the best of me. I need to take a break for awhile.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service