Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I was talking with my Grandson the other day, and I told him, "I like old knives" - he said "I like the new ones".  I shared that with my wife and she said "you gotta be old to like the old things".  Maybe she is right. I find myself more and more liking older things, sayings, buildings, guns, knives, and a large assortment of older things. Seems like things made more sense (to me anyway) in the good ole days.

So when were the good ole days?? For me (I'm 67) the good ole days were in the 60's. When it comes to knives, I like a knife that was made either before I was born (1946) or at least before I graduated from High School (1964). I graduated in Arcade, New York and was surrounded by great cutleries, and didn't even think about it at the time. How many times have I driven by the Robeson factory in Perry, NY and didn't even know it.

Anyway, I like old Knives. I like all knives, but especially the older ones. Lets use this discussion to show some-of what you may think as an older knife. Looking forward to seeing a taste of "the good ole days".

Tags: Old, Robeson, Vintage, knife, knives, older

Views: 5921

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ken, I dont know for sure if being old , inspires the like of old things but dang sure makes you respect and appreciate old things. I too prefer the old stuff, knives, guns, tractors, even the older homes intrigue me. 

maybe you do have to have a little rust on you to appreciate the rust on other items.but I too like new knives as well.

One of my personal favorite carry knives is a 2 blade jack made by Queen a 40's era jack.. if only it could talk?

Attachments:

This one looks a lot like Craig's - A 1910-1930 ?? Argyle  MOP pen knife imported from Germany-distributed by Brown Bros. which later became FW Woolworth- This belonged to my mom who is now 90.

JJ, Terry and John - some great old knives - bet they could tell some great stories.

Craig thats a great old knife !!!  
Craig Henry said:

Here's my oldest..............

Martin Bros. Sheffield 1849-1854

I wanted to show this old Hibbard Spencer & Bartlett that my grandfather has for sale.  Nice big daddy barlow, with crimped and stamped bolsters, and amazing worked backspring.  Very awesome, and very old.

Carl, that is a super looking Daddy Barlow and in excellent shape.

WOW.  That is a pretty Barlow.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service