Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Lets start this off simple and then narrow the field shall we?

Tags: Christmas, I, for, poll, want, what

Views: 889

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robert I cannot wait to see this one!  Christmas morning is going to be wonderful!

Robert Burris said:

My Christmas knife package has arrived. I'll open it up for Christmas. I have decided not to use it. It's too old and in mint condition. The Green River spirit has spoken to me....lol

That's nothing!  I've been waiting since November 25 for a knife to arrive!

Dang, that's a long wait for a knifer!

Have a great Holiday season! My wish Christmas for is a mint Master Cutler Queen set. I owned one in the eighty's and found another, for the family to purchase. Merry Christmas! Will post the pics soon.

Well I got my nother Geppetto yesterday, do I'm still hoping for a Seahorse.

Sorry to hear about the arm, Ivars!  Hope it heels quickly.   I hope that Mountain Man comes in at a good price and you get one!

And here is the Queen master cutlery set, I got for Christmas. I actually used the mini trapper back in the eighty's!  These will be display only, this time around.

Very very nice Rick!

Thank you, Perry! I think my local wood carver friend of mine, is the only local , who appreciates the Queen Brand! 

Yes, you can't beat them old winter bottom scales! I love 'em 

Bryan Rowell said:

So I found a new want for Christmas....I have no clue what I would do with it, but it looks AWESOME!!

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/MT1051/microtech-105-1-jagdkommand... 

So I have been fascinated by the looks of the Jagdkommando although it is completely worthless for nearly every knife related job I can think of.  I've had an active search on flea bay for months and finally saw a seller with a MUCH lower price so I jumped on it.  Just got it today and while it has the Microtech logo, date code and SN I have my doubts of it's authenticity.  The finish doesn't seem quite up Microtech standards (VERY high) and I'm not sure if the construction is correct but I have nothing to compare it to except pictures. 

This "knife" comes with a metallic sheath.  The knife screws into the sheath and has an o-ring seal.  However, the other end of the sheath screws off and there is no o-ring seal there.  The knife also has a hollow handle and the butt end screws off and has an o-ring seal.  However, the main barrel of the handle also unscrews from the blade and again it has no o-ring seal.  This unexpected screw thread seems like a serious design flaw as it could unscrew leaving the blade in the sheath and not much to hold onto to get it out.  Seems very un-Microtech like.  Just curious if anyone else has bought one and if it indeed should come apart into 5 pieces not counting the belt loop.

Try calling Microtech?  I have heard their customer service leaves a little to be desired but I know for a fact, quality, fit and finish are all high priority for them.  I am thinking it may not be authentic either but I would sure be interested to find out

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
10 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
15 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
19 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service