Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

TOPS Knives.... collectors, users and fans..  

ONE KNIFE ONE LIFE .

TOPS REVIEWS

Tags: Knives, TOPS

Views: 3717

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by 0u6rznc4p1pvt on September 27, 2010 at 4:26

I currently own a Hawke Hellion 2020 and a Steel Eagle 107.

Reply by 0u6rznc4p1pvt on September 27, 2010 at 4:32

An interesting piece of info i picked up in a mag, is what we DONT see under the coatings, according to the magazine tops often uses a multiple stage heat treating process which makes the blade side stronger and superior in edge holding. According to the mag once the coating was removed you could see the hamon line on the knives. Also with the extra work going into making it, it easily explains why some people would look at first glance and think they are overpriced.

Reply by 0u6rznc4p1pvt on October 18, 2010 at 10:35

Traded my Hellion 2020 for a model they no longer make called the Lone Falconehttp://www.topsknives.com/popup_image.php?pID=92&image=0 is what it looks like except my blade coating is black and the handle scales are black as well. It is in mint condition and has never been used or sharpened.

Reply by Jeremi Lett on February 25, 2011 at 0:59

I just drew a design similar to this blade,and am in process of cutting out main shape to grind and look something like this.I admit though,I am a fan of TOPs knives,I do not own one yet.Mike Fuller is a great guy and I will always remember him telling me he liked my motto of knife sales-"2 provide quality cutlery for quality prices to quality people"That was in 2007,b4 I made my first knife.I still hold that motto when it comes to blade sales.

Chris Stookey said:

The Tops Mountain Lion is an incredible mid-sized fixed blade knife!

Reply by Stan T on April 1, 2011 at 21:50

RicK said:

Come on guys i know theres more tops blades in your collections lets see that buck /tops folder up here !!

I have a Cockpit commander and the Scorpion. Wish I could get them to upload.

Reply by Stan T on April 2, 2011 at 7:54

OK, Here is a look at my Cockpit Commander by TOPS

Reply by Stan T on April 2, 2011 at 8:30

Here are my other TOPS knives. Finally got the pictures uploaded. TOPS are great knives and you know you can count on them when you need them.

Reply by Jeremi Lett on May 11, 2011 at 2:32

Cool new pictures and new blades!

Reply by John A. Stagg on June 16, 2011 at 8:01

Man, I have so many...I really need to catalog my collection.  I can tell you that my newest oneI just got last week is the Prather Bowie...awesome blade...love my Bowie designs.

Note to TOPS...please stop placing your name in bright yellow on the front buckle of the sheath.  Its really cheesy looking and makes the sheath look cheap.

Attachments:

Reply by Gary Nelson on October 20, 2011 at 10:13

Just got this in.  A Tops/Buck CSAR-T Folder.  Both the folder and the fixed blade are substantial knives.  I like them.

Reply by Gary Nelson on October 22, 2011 at 17:53

A Cougar Claw, a Key Knife, a Seal Heat.  Just got them in.

Reply by Clint Thompson on November 7, 2011 at 20:13

Well outside of the Back Bite I am getting a CUMA TAK-RI for evaluation and an article for Tactical Knives.  The CUMA means Combined Universal Martial Application.  This knife was designed by Johnny Tsai who also designed the CUMA Evolution.  The CUMA TAK-RI is taken from the Kukri of Nepal.

As an interesting note, the CUMA TAK-RI is featured in the GI Joe comic book called "Snake Eyes" in issue #4 and on the cover of #6.  The American Ninja Snake Eyes, GI Joe team member, has the CUMA TAK-RI in his left hand in #4 assisting his defense as he slashes out with a Katanta in the other.  Until today....who knew.

I will keep this group in the loop on this article.  If any of you have one of these CUMA TAK-RI or the CUMA Evolution let me know what you think and what you are using them for.  If I get some good input with their permission I will use it in my article and give credit to your comments.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service