Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

TOPS Knives.... collectors, users and fans..  

ONE KNIFE ONE LIFE .

TOPS REVIEWS

Tags: Knives, TOPS

Views: 3717

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Greg Sylvester on December 30, 2011 at 8:22

I curently own 10 Tops knives.  The left hand column of the photo are my bushcraft/wilderness knives that I use when out in the woods, hunting etc.  Top to bottom are Steel Eagles 107E; Desert Hawke; Mini Extractor; Delta Unit 3; and Tenessee Tickler.

The right hand column are my martial arts knives (though they can be used in multiple applications).  Top to bottom are  Nite Walker (my bowie fighter); CUMA Evolution, Loner, Ranger's Edge and Special Forces (SF) Command.

My favorite is the SF Command.  The top edge is sharpened and the point is like a needle so it works well field dressing game and it feels great in my hand when manipulating for martial arts knife practise.

Attachments:

Reply by Clint Thompson on December 30, 2011 at 8:38

Nice Greg.  I currently have two TOPS Knives.  I have the Backbite and CUMA TAK-RI.  Both are job specific.  I see you have those two as well. I commend you on keeping your collection is what appears to be in excellent condition.

Reply by Greg Sylvester on December 31, 2011 at 17:16

The Delta Unit 3 fits nicely in my hand.  I have a medium to large hand.  My fingers are short but the width of my hand is large.  It is nicely balanced and can perform fine work but at a 1/4 inch thick can do some jobs that a larger knife can. 

If it were not so heavy it would also make a great neck knife.  I won't carry it that way concealed but in the wilderness as a back up around my neck is fine.

The SG 5 looks like a good knife ( as are all tops knives).  I've thought about it because I do not have a tanto point blade.  I know TOPS has been criticized for the number on models it has and for some of the quirky names.  I think they have a good thing going with models that appeal over a broad spectrum of uses and users.  I pretty sure they would categorize their breadth of models as "mission specific"

Reply by Guy Fleetwood on July 28, 2012 at 15:39

These are the Tops I have owned. Most I have sold because of my health and 2 I give to friends of mine serving in Irag,along with a 1911 and a XD 45.I have pulled some pics from Tops and as you see them is how I bought them. The Alaskan Harpoon went to Irac and the Smoke Jumper. Tom Brown Tracker I sold with a custom knife sheath by customknifesheath.com - Marine Heat I sold - Sgt. Scorpion I still have as my back up - last but not least my favorite Command Post which I still have. The modified knives from Tops were worth the extra cost,although you can buy at other sites for much less in standard flavors. I may not be able to get all on here. If not I'll make a folder at my page. That'

s my Tops collection

Attachments:

Reply by Clint Thompson on October 3, 2012 at 13:41

Pictured here are the TOPS I presently own. Left to right they are:  C.A.T. #200 Hunter, Border Crossing Hunter Point, CUMA TAK-RI 2 (New Handles), Back Bite and CUMA Evolution. Of all of these I like the Evolution the most.  The Border Crossing and C.A.T. are very cool and will be featured in a future article along with the Evolution.  Keep in mind the TOPS line of knives are excellent and are worth every dime at the MSRP....so it is tough to chose one over the other.  I had the folding Magnum for a review but it went to Afghanistan to a Marine Unit commanded by a Major who is a friend of mine.

Comment by Steve Hanner on December 17, 2013 at 19:08

he QTR-7 "Thomas Magnum" used by Mykel Hawke in the season finale of Lost Survivors...it's the only USA production knife on the market with a transparent sheath. The knife measures over 11 inches in length. With TOPS Knives producing my last USA Design, it left some big shoes to fill...but the QTR-7 more than meets the challenge. I loved this knife...for several reasons...USA (Texas) made and is so rugged and fierce, that after using this knife in the field during filming....that QTRMSTR ORDINANCE would become the exclusive producer of all my USA MADE designs. Please check them out atwww.qtrmstr.com

Comment by Steve Hanner on December 17, 2013 at 19:07

Comment by Billy Oneale on November 5, 2013 at 21:39

That is a good buy. You never know when you will need things like that. Good bug out bag addition.

Comment by Jan Carter on November 5, 2013 at 19:48

Turley 10 Piece Kit Includes:

• Turley Knife
  • Metal Hinged Box 3-5/8" x 2-1/2"
  • Ranger Rubber Band
  • Compass
  • LED Light
  • Signal Mirror (Dog Tag)
  • Fresnal Lens
  • Ferro Rod
  • Trail Marking Tape (12' Ft)
  • Emergency Whistle

But at about 35.00 it is a pretty good deal

Comment by Steve Hanner on November 5, 2013 at 9:24

Check out that complete TOPS Survival kit! Be prepared I guess!

Comment by Steve Hanner on November 5, 2013 at 9:23

Image preview

Comment by Steve Hanner on November 5, 2013 at 9:23

That is just a great pic Billy!

Comment by Billy Oneale on August 23, 2013 at 20:25

Well, I got my 3rd Tops yesterday. great knife.And Brycen had to try the whistle.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service