Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Out of curiosity, I am wondering what line of work each of us are in or was in.

As for me, I run the manufacturing end of Roseburrough Tool Co. in Orange, CA. A privately owned company.
Since 1949 this company has been making concrete, masonry, asphalt & plastering hand tools(trowels, floats..etc). My largest competitors are Marshalltown Tool, and Kraft Tools. Both of these companies are located in the Midwest, but have been importing the majority of their tools from Asia. I can vouch for Marshalltown's wood darbies, because they buy them from me.

Well that is a little bit about how I afford my hobby. How about you?

Views: 568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely my friend.

Chuck Parham said:

I've been laid off since June of last year. I work in the transportation field in Pittsburgh where I handle logistics, safety & training, and management. The job market is tough but I keep sending applications and resumes daily. Prayers are welcomed to assist my endeavors.

Today I regressed 25 yrs to the beginning of my work experience. Drilling and tapping 3/8" T316 Stainless, patience and tapping oil.

I designed transmit & receive antennae .. some VHF & UHF, primarily M/W. The company I worked for manufactured them.

I was one of the lucky few .. spent my entire career involved in design .. getting pd to be creative.

!!! Big Smile !!!

As Chief Engineer, responsibilities expanded to include manufacturing .. i.e. steel stamping indusrty

..and..

gained another education.

This is part of my posted profile.

I come by it honestly !!!

Note: That's what I did to support the important schtuff .. i.e. family (2 wonderful human children, numerous canine children, dearest spouse) ..and.. a few pcs of cutlery along the way.

you got mine.

Chuck Parham said:

I've been laid off since June of last year. I work in the transportation field in Pittsburgh where I handle logistics, safety & training, and management. The job market is tough but I keep sending applications and resumes daily. Prayers are welcomed to assist my endeavors.

Ah Frank we are birds of a feather.

Frank Stennett said:

I am retired. I like stag and the old red bone handles.

Except I'm not retired. lol

I am a registered nurse specializing in Orthopedics and medical surgical patients hospital setting, hubby he works at a steel plant as a pattern maker

Got any good spines laying around....I need one.

Sue OldsWidow said:

I am a registered nurse specializing in Orthopedics

Hey! How come I never got sight of this thread before?

I'm hired out by my company as a Software Test analyst. For the past 2 years or so I've been working for a bank on improvements on their money laundering and Fraude detection programs.

I was a Teamster and worked in the horse racing industry here in Southern California for 30 years. I worked in parking lot operations as both a ticket seller and a valet employed at Santa Anita, Hollywood Park, Del Mar, Los Alamitos and Pomona-Fairplex Racetracks. I worked wherever the horses went. Racing dates are allocated by the State with each track being given a certain number of racing days per year. It's a circuit and racing is a year around business here in the State of California.

In retirement I have worked both full time and part time as a BCFDG (Big City Flower Delivery Guy) for a local flower shop here in my hometown of Sierra Madre. But lately it's becoming less and less due to physical issues; having had several surgeries in the past few years. Not the least of which were a spinal fusion and a prostate surgery. I ride a mountain bike and tell people that I wish I had as much titanium in my bike as I have in my back.

I am also a disabled veteran.

Mmmm, Nurses. (j/k)

Software test analyst = program breaker

Teamster = 'nuff said

Currently a farmer....have been active in doing this for the last 12 years. My wife and I raise goats, Kiko Meat Goats.!

Now I spend as much time as I physically can on iKnife Collector as the Community Manager..interestingly enough not a job I asked for or wanted! But I guess you just have to do things that come your way sometimes. I can't think of a better place to be though. I have learned more here than anywhere and have had the opportunity to meet people I would never, ever meet in a lifetime. I enjoy everyday here with all of you who post on iKnife Collector. I am excited about our future growth as word gets out on who we are and what we do. We are still in our infancy if you can believe that and nowhere near maturity as a Community. Many folks are just now hearing of us and what we do and our outreach is Worldwide. One thing you can expect over time is change, with more to come!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
4 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
5 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
21 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service