Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

It is going to happen one day, if it hasn't already many times. You wake up only to discover you simply can't find your EDC, or the one you wanted for that day.

What'll you do? Pull out another one and chalk up the other one? Get on eBay right then? Cry like a baby? Accuse someone in your house of stealing it (or throwing it away)?

And if you had to buy a new one- what'd it be? Had your eye on a new one but were waiting til your birthday, now's your chance- tell us what you'd get and why-

Tags: edc, knife, lost

Views: 351

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't lost any of knives, well, not lost and never found.

You see, I this impulse, if I lose something, I WILL find it. I will tear the room apart, I will likely get annoyed, then proceed to sit down thinker style and back track. I always find them, never lost one, yet.

Even when I'm walking with my E.D.C at my side, I occasionally look down or feel for my knife, just to make sure I still have it attached.

That is kinda why I like carrying cold steel knives, they have excellent clips, never fell out of my pocket once.

As a result of this impulse, however, I haven't lost anything in a good long time. :D
I'd probably just grab my gerber ripstop and look for it when I got home that night. If it was lost forever I'd probably just replace it, cause it's one of my favorite knives, and it's only 25 bucks. I'd be more worried about what might have happened to it. If I'm not cutting it's clipped to my pocket. If I'm not carrying it(See: Showering, sleeping, day off still in PJS), it's on my night stand, always in the same spot. Dunno what else I could do to make sure I don't misplace it. Lol.
The only time i ever lost a knife was when i was a little kid my dad and I went fishing and then next day i went to go and get it just to stare at it as Im sure everyone does. anyways i couldn't find it turns out my dad had put it in his tool box i was 7 when i lost it and i just found it a week ago.
Reach for another!....Then feverishly search for the missing friend!...lol.
Well amusing I can't find my multi-tool or Benchmade or cheapo case I'll let it slide for a day or 2. Then I'm going to the store and buying a another cheapo knife. Now as soon as I spend 5-10 dollars I will find the knife almost instantly.
In fact at the moment by Benchmade Monochrome is lost.
I really miss my Buck Tempest. I lost it a few weeks ago. I didn't pick a new EDC for a week because I was sure it would turn up. It didn't. I carry a Lone Wolf Blackfoot now. I also have a Spyderco Cricket as a money clip.
Well it hasn't happened, and isn't likely to.... but if I woke up one morning to find all my EDCs gone, then I would use what I had been sleeping with during the night, Kershaw Leek & CS Super Edge. That would get me through the morning til I got some coffee in me and figured out what the hell I did last night... and why there were all those traffic cones in the house?
I simply pull out a backup of the same knife. For instance, if it's my LLC I have at least 10 backup, if it's one of my Emerson Karambits I have four backups. Of course through out the day I'd be wondering what happened to it and can not wait to get back home to find it.

There are two times I lost a knife and recovered them. The first time I was in a meeting room waiting for others to arrive and was playing with my folder. When the first person came in I placed it between my legs on my chair. At the end of the meeting I left and forgot the folder, left work and at a car dealership that was replacing my windshield realized it was not in my pocket. I searched everywhere but no luck. I went back to work and checked lost and found. They had it and told me who found it. The next day I thanked him and he said he knew it was most likely mine. The second time was another knife which somehow droppped on the ground next to my car in my car port. While looking for it my neighbor said her husband found a very unusual folder and thought it might be mine. Went back to their place and he was looking at it, said to me "do I really have to give this back to you" in a joking tone.
I would not feel right for the day!! My EDC is a little Case toothpick bone handle that my wife brought back after a trip to Mayo Clinic. It means a lot to me, and I carry it every day. It fits in my pocket well, and I use it with residents of the nursing home I'm a therapist at. Most of them admire it, and remember when "everyone had a knife in his pocket" It doesn't look scary or intimidating, and you'd be suprised how many others will ask "hey do you have your knife?" when they need something cut! It's always with me, and it usually has a friend in another pocket!!
Hi,
First, I love having good cutlery in my pocket. Sometimes I carry three different size knives on me. THis has happenned a fe times. First valuable one was an original Pat Crawford designed Benchmade that I loved. That hurt. Second was a cold steel tanto mediun voyager. I found that one, but I had already replaced it. I loved the older one because the steel was the older steel that cold steel used. At the NY knife show in November I upgraded my cold steel recon 1 tanto to an emerson knife that I LOVE. what a solid knife!! and now.... i cant find the emerson and I am heartbroken. Aside from that it cost alot, I loved it.
The 154CM steel takes and holds a great edge. My cold steel does too, but not like the emerson. So I will save up and buy a new one if I dont find it.
Thanks,
Alec
Tough to admit it, but I follow a little checklist the "Old man" gave me on my first day at the shop:

1. Check the other hand.
2. No, the OTHER hand.
3. Check the other pocket.
4. Check the other vest.
5. Check the other bag.
6. Repeat until you see it.
7. The new invisibility device only works on knives.
When I was a kid, back on the farm in Michigan, two of my uncles, my best friend and I were out in the snow at night playing. As I recall we had been locked up in a jail cell and were trying to get out. One of my uncles, who was not that much older than I, asked to borrow my switch blade (yes a real switch blade and legal at the time) so he could pick the lock. Later when I asked for my knife back, he said he had lost it in the snow. We looked for it, but it was nowhere to be found. I sure hope uncle Don enjoyed carrying my knife, cause I don't believe it was really lost.

There is a simple rule for EDCs; take it out of your pocket, open it, use it, close it, put it back in your pocket.

Oh ya, if I lost an EDC now, I would dig out a backup and try to find the one I lost. If I couldn't find my knife, I'd buy a new one.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
1 hour ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
2 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
18 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
23 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service