Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Is your favorite shield design the:

Acorn, Bomb, Federal, etc?  Is it stamped with a design or a name?

Or do you not like shields? (Weirdos)

My answer to the questions above is "Yes".  I have not committed to narrowing it down to 1 or 2 yet, but I have always been attracted to an Acorn shield on any knife. As I continue to search for these "oldies" I have a tendency to accumulate, other shields are becoming more interesting.

So, If you have a 1 or 2 particular shields that just speak to you in soft whispers of romanticism, let me see them.

Tags: Shields, Traditional, pattern

Views: 1157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can see your point, but it doesn't bother me. I like that shield. If it bothers you, you can send it to me.

lol..i hear ya!

Craig Henry said:

I can see your point, but it doesn't bother me. I like that shield. If it bothers you, you can send it to me.

AWESOME!!!...

Ken Spielvogel said:

Brad, here are some Scout shields - I like the Acorn on the Remington

There are so many...cannot process them all.

I would have said the Kabar doghead, but that beaver is remarkable!  It's so good that it probably sold a few knives. 

Anyway, I bought one of the unusual folders currently being sold as Colts with nice inlaid wood handles (4 1/4" if you include the squiggle), an unusual blade (?), & a nickel-silver birdseye pivot.  It's cheap & I love it. 

Anyway, again, I thought they did a nice job with the inlaid metal (stainless?) Colt shield.

[Hope this works -- I'm trying to send a picture.  1, 2, 3, ]

Attachments:

Me too! All the different shields are cool!

Brad T. said:

There are so many...cannot process them all.

Hey, Don!

I hope you won't mind but I took the liberty of posting the actual picture in your post instead of just the attachment link. 

That's a very cool looking knife, btw!

Cheers!

Ron

I like variety!  However the ones I like least are the gun shields, especially the one that is supposed to look like a musket. I'm also not crazy about the bullet shields.

I don't care for shields on White Smooth Bone, tortoise shell, pearl, or abalone handles. 

Sodbusters shouldn't have shields.

I also don't like shields on barlows   The barlow bolster should be marked appropriately to act as the shield

The shields I like, the bowtie, the propeller, a BSA shield of any kind, the acorn (especially on a Remington), a badge shield but only on  black or yellow comp).  I like the Beaver shield  shown earlier. I'd like to seem more animal shields. I also like the dog bone shield.

I like the bar shields used by Camillus

I also feel some shields really make a series of knives more special.

For instance, the  Horseshoe shield on the Rough Rider Stroke of Luck Series.

and the crescent moon on the moonshiners

I like variety. I see the shield as an integral part of a knife.

By the way, the acorn shield on Remington knife denotes that the knife has a punch blade.

and..the acorn shield on a gec..denotes stainless

Come to think about 1 in 7 of my knives have the exact same style of shield.  I guess this is one of my favorite shields:

Gossip:  I read somewhere that some of the knife manufacturers quit applying shields to save money.  Apparently afterwards they started applying them again due to poor sales of those knives.  And, yes, I've turned down knives because they didn't have shields.  I have 5 Taylor Sharks with shields, I turned down the one without.  The seller told me that sometimes they just don't have shields on them.  (They don't have shields on the stags, but that's understandable.)

Mike Botts said:

I never met a shield I didn't like.  I definitely prefer 'a shield' over 'no shield'.  It's almost a deal breaker.  You have some nice ones here Brad.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service