Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

So boredom I guess has me wondering...

What kind of cars do we knife collectors drive? 

Do any of us also collect cars?

What kind of car do we think fits us best? 

So for me....

I currently drive a 2008 Cadillac CTS.  And I love it, but it is time to start thinking of something new to get excited abbout.

I used to try to collect cars.  I was kinda sick shortly after getting the Caddy and got rid of my other cars. 

At the time I had a 2004 Acura TL.  Nice car. 

And a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.  I should have kept it.

And a 1997 Nissan Maxima.

And a 1998 Caddillac El Dorado Touring Coupe.  I really wanted to keep this one.

The hardest part of having more than two cars is maintanence.  You have trouble even making sure to drive each of them. Early on I drove a different car nearly each day.  But with a couple of promotions at work I wound up driving a lot more and I always had paperwork to take to this office or that office depending on the day.  Dragging files from one car to the next was a chore.  So it went to a different car each week.  That even was a pain.  Kind of led to the decision to dump some of them.

And washing them.  My god.

Then I joined Club Sportiva.  Pay a fee to join and you can reserve and drive any of their cars.  And, man do they have cars for you!  Lamborghinis, Porsche, Jaguars, Ferrari, Noble, Bentley, Tesla....

What do you want?  And you can put your fee toward a "share" on an exotic.  Want to own a 1/10 share of a Audi R8?  And drive it 1/10th's of the days in a year?  You got it. 

http://www.clubsportiva.com/

So like I said I got sick.  Too sick to drive for awhile.  A couple of years.

Now I'm tring to get better.  So my next car.  The car that fits me.  The car that fits my antique switchblade collection.  Smooth.  Sleek  Fast.  Beautiful.  Sexy.

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe.  Morning Frost.

So what do you drive?   What do you want to drive??  What car fits your knife collection???

Views: 1652

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I miss my Cutlass.  I wanted to work on it once I retired and restore it for show.

But I know how bad I am...I would be out driving it every weekend!  Wouldn't be able to help myself.

Here is my Caddy grill decorated up...

I think it's a europe only model. From what I understand not every car is brought out on both continents.

I'd love to drive a big ol pickup or something....but with gas (and diesel prices) between$8-$10 per gallon I'm not even going to try.

Lee Saunders said:

That's a nice one Alex.  I have never seen one of those.

Alexander Noot said:

Well.....when I said it's big....I meant big for european standards.

This is the same one as mine (even down to the colour):

I wish there was an iKC badge...or a Switchblade badge to put on my grill.  That would be nice.

Mabe I can fund someone to design a switchblade.  I have a friend that could probably fabricate something simple for me.  I'll have to think on that.

Lee Saunders said:

I miss my Cutlass.  I wanted to work on it once I retired and restore it for show.

But I know how bad I am...I would be out driving it every weekend!  Wouldn't be able to help myself.

Here is my Caddy grill decorated up...

be riding this everyday real soon.....

My Rat Fink Bobber Bike

real nice bike two terry here is mine...

NICE!!!! Cant decide wear to put my tool bag dont look right on top of springer forks and dont got fender...gonna try inbetween wheel and bottom part of frame and hope it dont rain!!! 

couple of my other rides.....

my little lowrider

my next project

Nice bikes guys!!  Nice trucks too Terry.  The iKnife collectors have some serious hot rides.

Hi Robert

Hope you're starting to feel better now!  I found a place that sells kits to make Native knife sheaths...and knives!  Not the napped blades like I posted, but more like the old style butcher and throwing knives.

You can check em out.  Cost was reasonable just to tr I guess.

http://www.crazycrow.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Cod...

Robert Burris said:

I drive a pick-up truck! Ford 150...I own two other cars but they are for the women folk. Buick and Toyota.

Way back, no, make that way, way back in service, I carried part time jobs and did not yet have my children.  Me and some of the motor pool guys would work on other people's rigs to get enough to race on the weekend.  We had two corvettes--a '54 J gas and a '57 D gas, both painted midnight blue except where all the stickers of the goodies in there were stuck.  Obviously these were the car shells--nothing else original.  But we sure looked good coming in the gate.  The J gas had 3 deuces on a GMC engine, and the 57 had what we called a 327, but really had a few more cubes than that.  We never won much, running against bigger money in probably EVERY race, but we sometimes would get paid to show up--once up in Canada.  Although no one lived within 1/4 mile, the neighbors complained of those motors as we worked at 3-4 am, and I'll tell you pushing a Detroit locker (welded) rear end is terrible if you need to turn it just a little.  That probably started (along with chain saws and helicopters)  why I have these gadgets in both ears now just to hear even the low notes.

Thanks Frank for posting here. I have been waiting for my buddy , Lee, to come back to us and post some fun things about our hobbies. Come back, Lee! We are here for you. Thanks again, Frank, we are all buddies, here.

Frank,

It may have been a ways back but the memories are still fun!!!!!!  Thanks for sharing them

I am hoping Lee is feeling much better these days and cruising

So my next car.  The car that fits me.  The car that fits my antique switchblade collection.  Smooth.  Sleek  Fast.  Beautiful.  Sexy.Aston Martin DB9 Coupe.  Morning Frost.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service