Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

If you enjoy whittlin and carving, why not show some of your work. 

Post your pics here...

Views: 8745

Replies to This Discussion

Cool occasion and really cool heart. What is the wood and the knife you used?

John Bamford said:

A close friend was in hospital for a bypass recently and asked me to whittle him a new heart, so I did.

Very nice John.

Floyd , I don't remember the wood I pick up bits of wood all over, I work outside so get to see bits here and there. It is from a conifer is about the best that I can say. I used my EnZo Birk to start with but as the wood had a rather coarse grain I had to switch to the Flexcut Whittler. Scandi grind knives are not kind to coarser grained wood as they want to split bits off all the time.

Floyd Jester said:

John Bamford said:

A close friend was in hospital for a bypass recently and asked me to whittle him a new heart, so I did.

Thanks JJ .

J.J. Smith III said:

Very nice John.

That even makes it more impressive. Thanks for the reply

John Bamford said:

Floyd , I don't remember the wood I pick up bits of wood all over, I work outside so get to see bits here and there. It is from a conifer is about the best that I can say. I used my EnZo Birk to start with but as the wood had a rather coarse grain I had to switch to the Flexcut Whittler. Scandi grind knives are not kind to coarser grained wood as they want to split bits off all the time.

Floyd Jester said:

John Bamford said:

A cross I whittled for my Sister in Law. Kinda crude, but I don't usually smooth things out. I tried to make too many little squares and that was a time consumer, broke out a couple. But I enjoyed it and she said she liked it so I guess it is ok.

Nice job, Floyd.

Another vote in the "like" column.

I like it Floyd!  I am not much for the perfection of sanding everything either

Thank you Mr Smith and Mr Carter. I appreciate your kind and encouraging comments.

I did a " Heart and Claw" handled walking stick a little while ago for a friend who seems to like it well enough.

I had reservations about it and thought it could be improved so have had another, and last, try.

I like this one a little better, full length pic below.

More show than go though, next one will be a more useful stick I think.

John I like them both very much. Seems always the 2nd project is a little more refined as you've had practice on the 1st. I like them both. One of a kind and from the hand and heart.

John Bamford said:

I did a " Heart and Claw" handled walking stick a little while ago for a friend who seems to like it well enough.

I had reservations about it and thought it could be improved so have had another, and last, try.

I like this one a little better, full length pic below.

More show than go though, next one will be a more useful stick I think.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
4 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
7 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Sunday
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Philip Younavjak
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service