Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

It's 2011 and spring has sprung, well kind of, depending on where you live, and your heart turns to Knife Shows from now till year end. Soooo......

Are you going? If you are buying will you buy? If your selling are you expecting a good year?

Tags: 2011, handout, ikc, knife, show

Views: 449

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Gary, we'll look at that.

Gary Kennedy said:
Hello Hog I find out about most of the Shows I attend through 2 sources Knife World Publication  www.knifeworld.com & then on the web at Gun Shows . Knife World has a good listing of  knife shows and there good people .
Thank you Jan, any and all help welcomed! lol!

Jan Carter said:

Guys,

If I can figure out how to stream on my laptop I'll see what I can do.  If not it will have to be pictures and comments

Looks like there are a bunch of collectors that are underserved at knife shows. 

All we have available in SC are the "Gun and Knife" shows.  Might be a sign of the times but the last couple of years, the number of tables that are showing knives, ANY KNIVES, has dropped no almost nothing.   (Even the folks that want to sell the Frost junk have stopped attending.)

I used to go to the two shows that regularily open nearby, but with admission, parking and gas, it's not worth it to see a bunch of guns, when all I'm looking for are the knives.

Might need a roadtrip to GA...

I will be setting up at a Gun & Coin show in Burlington Colorado. This will be my first show as a seller in this market. Most of my sales are on the internet.

Eric

Really is a shame that knifemakers and knife sellers are not attending shows. It would seem there is a market there. I would love to know if they sell their knives mostly over the internet. I know we have a few active members here who attend shows and sell and are willing to represent us. But unsure about the rest of them.

J.J. Smith III said:

All we have available in SC are the "Gun and Knife" shows.  Might be a sign of the times but the last couple of years, the number of tables that are showing knives, ANY KNIVES, has dropped no almost nothing.   (Even the folks that want to sell the Frost junk have stopped attending.)

I used to go to the two shows that regularily open nearby, but with admission, parking and gas, it's not worth it to see a bunch of guns, when all I'm looking for are the knives.

Thank you Eric and let me thank you for being part of iKC and I hope you and ARKSKNIVES do very well at that show. We have several members who live in Colorado who might just meet you. If you get a chance go to events and create(add) an Event. Put all the details of the Colorado Show in there and just before you save click on don't RSVP. Any member we have though can see the event.  I do see you have your own website too.

ARKSKNIVES said:

I will be setting up at a Gun & Coin show in Burlington Colorado. This will be my first show as a seller in this market. Most of my sales are on the internet.

Eric

I wish a bunch of you guys would like to have a knife show in Louisiana.

Never thought about the internet angle, Steve. 

Must be somewhat less aggrevating than dealing with un-informed customers at a show. 

Still, I like to be able to actually hold a knife before I buy it.  To be able to physically talk to the person that made the knife, all the better.

I think, too, that the political climate has pushed its way into the shows.  More folks are looking for the guns than the knives. 

Next show, near here,  is in June and another in July.  There is a Friday and Saturday KNIFE show in the upstate, perhaps a roadtrip is in order.

Hi JJ There is a local Club show in you area
on April 29 & 30 The Palmetto Cutlery Club

will be at MID-City Shrine Club  1470 Fort Prince Boulevard

Welford SC. 29385    exit 68 off I-85
J.J. Smith III saaid:

See everyone in Wellman.

Gary Kennedy said:

Hi JJ There is a local Club show in you area
on April 29 & 30 The Palmetto Cutlery Club

will be at MID-City Shrine Club  1470 Fort Prince Boulevard

Welford SC. 29385    exit 68 off I-85
J.J. Smith III saaid:

Just got back from the Palmetto Knife Show. 

Had the opportunity to put names and faces togather with 2 iKC members, Gary Kennedy and Frank Stennett.

(Great to meet you guys.)

Nothing like the Knife and "Gun" shows that I'm used to seeing,  this was a great change.

Good to meet ya'll. JJ and I added more hardware to our collections. I also won a russlock at the show just by showing up and having my name drawn. For those who never have attended The Palmetto Cutlery Club puts on a great show every year. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service