Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

When I receive my first TUNA Valley knife I will give it a good once over and then put it in line in my article about Traditional Vs Tactical for LEO.  I have a Case, a GEC and, as I said, coming is a TUNA Valley.  On the tactical side I will have a CRKT, SOG and a third yet to be decided.  In fact I would like my buds here, at iKC, to pick the last tactical folder for me to put in this article.  We will start a vote.  The tactical folding knife (In most cases LEO don't carry fixed bladed knives on the beat.) with the most votes will be used in this article.  Please keep in mind LEO normally cannot afford to buy custom knives or knives over $200.  In fact the average price for them is around $70 for a knife.  Many carry the cheaper S&W and other off shore (west shore) knives. 

To outline what we are talking about, tactical would be a knife with all three of these features; lock blade, pocket clip and some device or hole to open and close the knife with one hand.

I am looking forward to hear from my buds....ladies and gents alike.

Thanks Clint

Views: 841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glenn....

Thanks for your vote and suggestion.  I will put another down in the SOG tally.

Clint

I'm a little surprised by not seeing Benchmade mentioned. They do have some knives in a median range. 

Billy...

Yes I am surprised as well.  Benchmade has some find knives and are carried by many LEO as well as the military.  I will put down one for Benchmade of the medium price range.  Thanks Billy.

TF-6 SOG Knives - Trident Folding Knife - Tanto Blade.  The SOG Trident survival and tactical folding knives

Sue....

I have you down for a SOG Trident TF 6 with a Tanto blade.  This is a nice choice and at the upper range of most LEO in pricing.

Clint, during my years in the field I saw more fellow LEOs carrying Spyderco Delicas and Enduras than any other "tactical" knife.  Available, affordable, versatile (I've seen Delicas clipped inside  uniform shirt pockets - the scalloped pocket flap went over the clip, Enduras carried in boots, etc.), higher echelon didn't seem to object to them beause they could be carried discretely...there was a time when they lead the field, at least in the areas where I served.

Then on the other hand you, had a few like me that carried older design knives in their pockets or tucked away somewhere. I carried my Case swing guard, and I knew several officers that carried Buck folders in their pockets because they weren't allowed to add a knife case to their duty belt. The big Case folders and an occasional Puma folder were out there also. The bottom line is that cops (at least the ones working the street) carry knives.

Steve....

You are 100% right.  I would say 97% of all LEO carry a knife of some design and size.  In the rural areas it is not uncommon to see them carry a fixed blade on their duty belt.  Many carry a dagger type boot knife and some the smaller neck knives.  I carry an auto and have since 1973.

If I decide to accept another mission into a foreign country, as in the past, I will have to decide what knife to carry which will comply with the host countries' laws.  Yes many officers carry Spyderco knives.  Thanks Steve.

I'm sorry but define "LEO". I thought it was someones name, is it some type of Ploice Officer?

LEO= Law Enforcement Officer.....I guess I have been in the woods too long.

LOL! Robert everything is turning into acronyms these days.  When I was in Iraq the military gave us a list of acronyms they used so we would know what they were talking about.  The list was five pages front and back singled spaced.  LOL!

I guess the times are passing me by, heck not long ago I didn't know what "LOL" meant. Thanks to my two grand daughters, that I raise, I keep up a little with this century.

Robert...

I right there with you.  My Granddaughter keeps me up on the stuff as well.  Jan used "ROFL" in a message to me and I had to get it translated. LOL! Be safe Robert.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
12 minutes ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
5 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
8 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Sunday
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service