Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Böker Magnum Collection 2010 David Broadwell Collaboration.

So I've wanted one of these for AGES. And last April I finally got one. And just yesterday I finally got around to taking some pictures of it.

On paper this knife is nothing more than 440C steel and White micarta. Nothing much really. But this knife is a FINE example of how humble origins can produce something special.

I starts with a box:

And some paperwork

And when you open it up....wonderful lines and a grind to take your breath away:

The blade, which by the way is massive....and (what you can't tell from the above picture but will see in the below one) is exquisitely polished.

It has a very nicely shaped behind

Which by the way isn't a BIG behind (just look at that tapered tang how often do you see that on a production knife? )

Then there's the very well done sheath

Which'll also work without the beltloop

Did I mention it's BIG?

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a production fixed blade that was better finished than this one. I'm truly blown out of the water.

Views: 1312

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe I should've known better than to post this in a group with so few members........3 days so far and not so much as a single like?

I like it Alex.  I can understand why you've wanted one for so long.

I do think this might be the reason Jan is thinking about merging some groups though. Acitivty in a lot of them is very sparse.

But yeah this knife has REALLY impressed me. If I happen to come across more of them I'll happily purchase another one.

Especially the US version of this knife, with Black Micarta scales. That would be very nice to own.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
yesterday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
yesterday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Friday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
Friday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service