Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This is evidently a fairly rare knife. DP down at Teskey's Saddle Shop, one of Case's biggest customers, I think, isx looking for a Composit Yellow 3165... they were made in the Tested, and XX eras. He called me yesterday and said that if anybody could find one, that I could. And I don't want to let him down. Have any of you guys seen one of these floating around? My Email address is: Unclejim2 (at) aol.com

Meanwhile, I picked up the first Artisan's Tour Seahorsie, and both of the black Sway Backs (plain and engraved) and the Second Cut Stag, and DP is sending me the 11572 "Limited Edition" run of 3000! That should bring me up to date.

Views: 95

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jim

Tough order to fill, last tested I seen was 600 bucks, XX 350 bucks.....Caution...fakes hit the market in the 70's, and were generally re handled to stag or green bone. Tested and early XX did not have tang stamps, nor did they have drilled bolster. 1964 was the 1st year the bolster was drilled. A different yellow composition was used on XX frames verses the tested time frame material

Wayne Koons
Hi Wayne...
Kind'a makes ya' wonder what idiot would take a stag or green bone off and put on a composite handle. The number would still be the same on the blade. Of course, I still wonder what makes idiots fake Case knives in the first place. To sell to people who have more money than knowledge, I guess...

Well, I knew it was going to be a hard one to find when DP called me. But who better to ask than a group like you guys?

LTA, UJ
Jim the only thing I found out is the info on page 202 and 203 in the 7th addition of Knives and Razors that might help in idenifying TRUE from Fake Check it out.
Just for info; I looked at my old Case factory price lists and the 3165 was listed as discontinued in the 1940 price list.
Thanks, Steve... I got your knife today. She's a beauty! Thanks. Bet I'll leave you some positive feedback, whatty'a bet?
UJ

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service