Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This unofficial survey is to determine who has purchased knives on eBay and a brief description of your experience. Would you do it again if you were a first timer? For those iKC members not based here in US what has your experience been using eBay? We are not looking at the seller experience just yet, only buyer. two main questions but fill in other information as needed.

1. Have you used eBay for buying knives?
  2. How often do you buy on eBay?
Results of the poll are being tabulated and we'll post them shortly Thank you for your responses!

Tags: buy, eBay, survey

Views: 656

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Brian, interesting that you find sellers are favorable to Canadian buyers, thats a very good thing.

Brian H Bentley said:

Yes, I have bought knives on eBay. I am always watching eBay for a surprise, or a deal, but purchase maybe 1 every other month. Pictures are very important to me or I will ignore the listing.

Most sellers are kind to Canadian buyers. However, I gave 1 bad rating for a shipping ripoff. USPS is best, UPS is the worst!

Thank you Sunil, I've not bought expensive knives there either just EDC type knives.

Sunil Ram said:

I have purchased a few. Never had any problems.

Once I paid too much, could have bought it for less at a store, but that was my fault. I bid too high!

I've never really bought an expensive knife on eBay though.

I would like to purchase a few more inexpensive knives to give as Christmas/Birthday gifts.

It's certainly fun looking at what's out there!

Hi all,

I Never bought knives using Ebay, want to see and feel them and hold them in my hand first !

Never use Ebay to buy knives.

First want to see and feel them them in my hand !

My Goo'nes!  Somebody has a book titles something like. "100 Questions to Get Chat-Rooms all Hot & Bothered."  Haven't seen this much chat since I mentioned Miss. Ruth wanting to be my friend.

Bill

I do get knives from ebay. So far, I've had nothing but good experiences. I always read the person's feedback "as seller" before bidding.  I have passed on a couple because of  negative feedback that's recent (30 days or so). 

I usually check it each day and keep several on my watch list. I've bought 10 since October 2010.

Thanks Francis, I can certainly understand that. If it feels right you buy!

Francis Goossens said:

Hi all,

I Never bought knives using Ebay, want to see and feel them and hold them in my hand first !

I think a lot of our members use eBay. some don't but there are a lot of good tips. Who needs Miss what her name,lol!

Bill Harvey said:

My Goo'nes!  Somebody has a book titles something like. "100 Questions to Get Chat-Rooms all Hot & Bothered."  Haven't seen this much chat since I mentioned Miss. Ruth wanting to be my friend.

Bill

Thank you Chris, I agree with you on watching as I like to get a feel first for what things are selling for. then when I bid, if I bid, I know what may maximum bid will be.

Chris Pittman said:

I do get knives from ebay. So far, I've had nothing but good experiences. I always read the person's feedback "as seller" before bidding.  I have passed on a couple because of  negative feedback that's recent (30 days or so). 

I usually check it each day and keep several on my watch list. I've bought 10 since October 2010.

I haven't bought any on e-bay. I have had a dealer bid on a couple for me though.
Thank you J.J., that surprises me a little but I know there are some that don't like it or don't want to be on it. If you can find a good dealer to go through that's ok too.

J.J. Smith III said:
I haven't bought any on e-bay. I have had a dealer bid on a couple for me though.

1. Yes

2. I only started buying knives since October 2010. I hate to say this but I've bought close to 100 knives in five months. Kinda went crazy, now I am setting up and trying to sell a few to pay for my habit! I've only had a couple of knives which were not to my satisfaction but I accept sole responsibility for the purchases, after receiving the knive I went back and checked the descriptions and found them to be accurate. It's my fault for getting excited and not paying attention. I tend not to buy from a sellar who has very little feedback and BEWARE!!!! always know who your bidding against. If you click the other bidders name during the auction it will tell you the bidding history % of the bidder with the seller, this will help you tell if the bidder is actually the seller trying to increase the bidding by using a different name!!! I've seen this a few times so DONT OVERPAY because of a dishonest seller. Hope this helps! John

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service