Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Howdy IKC,

I was just wondering if you carry a knife or any other weapon when you are sleeping? I know we have our EDC (knives, mace, guns, ect) but at the end of the day I put all my "stuff" up. So my question is do you carry a weapon when you sleep just in case you need to get up quickly and leave with out having the time to grab your EDCs.

Thanks for you input.

Tags: EDC, guns, knives, mace

Views: 573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am afraid I have to admit to having a knife on my bedside table at night . 

No it is not really for self defence I mostly own small slipjoint's , I guess it would be better than nothing though .

Thanks for you reply John!

half dozen pocket knives on the nightstand, along with 4 or 5 neckers, are as close as I get to carrying while asleep.

John,

That is indeed a good question!  I know I sleep with at least one beside me but like you it is a folder

Jan we should maybe both get Bark River Bravo 1's they would look a bit more impressive on the bedside table !!

When I go to bed at night I take my gun out of my pocket and put it on my nightstand next to my bed.  My EDC knives, right now a Rough Rider folder and a Leatherman Micra, go on the dresser across from the foot of my bed along with my wallet and keys and such.

I figure any emergency at night, especially in the house, I will handle with a gun instead of a knife.

Thanks for all your great answers!!!

Right next to me is a 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun...within quick reach...I wear a Cold Steel Secret Edge Neck Knife and I currently have my Colonial "Tuckers Ravine" Automatic on my nightstand.

I sleep lightly, can awake at the sound of a chain on a gate, and can be outside and firing in 6 seconds.

I do have a Benchmade Griptilian in my night stand (well technically my night stand is the top of a dog kennel - long story - anyway . . .) but I can't imagine it would be my first choice for home defense.  I also have a shotgun and a Glock ready to go too.

German Shepherd by the bed, not a knife but his teeth are sharp.

Wow some of you guy's aren't going to take any prisoners then !! 

I think if I were able to own firearms I would be the same .   I always did have a strange fancy for a Colt Python back in the day, but alas couldn't afford one when it was legal . Now that would be more impressive than a 3 inch slip joint .

I used to sleep with a knife under my pillow

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
5 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
11 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
14 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service