Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hey all,

With all the things that go wrong in the world, with all of our imperfections & our seeming compulsions to remain modest in the face of doing good things, I'm going to do something just a little bit different.  Okay, a lot different.  

I'm going to write about something good that I did.  It's not big, but I hear enough about my imperfections & shortcomings in everyday life, & I think that's likely true of all of us.  So I am going to tell you this little anecdote.

Last week, I made a purchase on eBay.  It was a knife, somewhere in the $20 to $30 vicinity.  I received the knife & opened it -- it was the knife I had ordered, a Boker Chef You Go, looked good, felt good, just as expected.  Awesome.

But then there was a second envelope from the same seller.  It was heavier than the first.  I didn't know what it was, but thought this might have been the seller from which I bought 2 knives, so I opened it up.  Hm, I didn't remember ordering a Spyderco, but there was a Spyderco box in there.  I open it up & see a knife in really good shape, A Manix 2 XL with G10 scales -- that blade was incredible & the opening & lock release both smooth as butter creme...

I knew I hadn't bought a Manix 2 XL.  I'm sure someone else did, & likely dropped about a $100 on it.  But there it was, the same label as my Boker, addressed to me -- even indicated on the back of the label that it was the Chef You Go.  Seller made a mistake.  

I contacted the seller & let them know what had happened with that Manix, I took it to the post office, shipped it on my dime, & sent the seller the tracking number.  I let the seller know, & it turned out the seller had been hospitalized, & the person helping the seller had made a mistake when printing labels.  It felt pretty good to know & know very clearly that I had done the right thing.

So I'm starting this discussion in part because I felt good about doing some good.  And because I hope this discussion will start others thinking, asking themselves what good they have done -- & to tell others (us, or not us here) about it, to remind yourself of the good you've done, & to take some credit for it.  

So, what are the good things you've done?

Tags: Doing, Good

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love this thread!

DLKG,

Your a good man and this was a great deed.  What may seem small to you was probably a weeks profit to the seller.  Mistakes happen, not everyone is good enough to see it for just that, a simple mistake that you can help set right.  KUDOS!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
1 hour ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
4 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
22 hours ago
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Sunday
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Philip Younavjak
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service