Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I'm not sure if there is a discussion already or not but show 'em if you got 'em.  Let's see you fishing knives, as in the tools of the tackle box! (Folding, fixed, multi-tools, etc.)

Here's a few of my latest finds. What made them interesting is the bale.

Above knife is made by Sabre (Japan)  It features yellow comp handles and is just over 5 inches closed.  Below is another Japanese made knife. It features the infamous "cracked Ice" plastic pearl handles.  I couldn't pass it up for $9  simply because of the scissors and the bale. It is 4 inches closed.

Both knives in a side by side comparison

Tags: Fish, Knives

Views: 5033

Replies to This Discussion

Robeson - 5" Fish Knife #922407, Rosewood Scales, blade etched "Robeson Shuredge Frozen Heat", tang stamped 'Robeson Shuredge USA', mirror polished master blade & fish scaler blade, hook degouger, bottle opener, with bail. Nickel-silver bolsters/brass liners/pins.

I like that one Tim.   I keep looking for a Robeson!

thanks tobias, have 2 or 3 of them, this one is in the best shape.  most of my fish knives have a few miles on them.

thanks leo

Tobias the sissors and bale would have made this one a yes for me at that price also!

I'm sure it is the Historian in me that is speaking when i say no Fish Knife collection is complete unless it has one of these babies in it.   You know the one.  They tang is simply stamped USA.  They were sold in bait shops everywhere for probably $1; sold of one of those cardboard displays!   They probably lasted for maybe an entire fishing season.  I'm guessing there are more in the bottom a lakes and streams than on Ebay!   Every young boy who ever went fishing with a Dad either got one or wanted one!

If you had one or wanted one as a kid, then it is worth the $5-$10 you'll spend today just for the memories!

I gotta find one of those Tobias!

Strangely enough, Charles. it is often a "go-to" knife for me.  I need to get a few more.   What i like about the single blade fish-knives with the scaler on the back of the blade is the fact that the scaler is on the back of the blade!   It works best is you scale the fish with the knife closed.  The reduces the stress on the blade and lessen the chance of blade wobble.  I don't know if the original instruction sheet says this or not!

nice one tobias

Here is my Buck Bill Lowen Fish Knife.  It is on a five inch frame and features a lake bottom scrim on blue smooth bone.  Very similar to my Bill Lowen Toothpick. -- except for the degorger/scaling blade and the fancy "fish-hook" bail!

The degorger/sclaing blade features almost saw like teeth (sharp!) and scale in inches/cm.    The main blade's etch reads "Catch You Later!

If you look closely you'll notice that the bail is shaped like a bent fish hook.   Also you will notice that the main blade locks in place with a liner lock!   

attractive knife tobias, like the color & the big mouth bass shield.  "Catch You Later!

Thanks Tim.  Despite being made in China, it is one fine Buck.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
20 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
21 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service