Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Are you addicted to flashlights? Or just want to know what we mean when we say lumins cells and bezels. then join this group now!

Tags: Flashlight, forum

Views: 4453

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Ron Cooper on March 14, 2012

Flood v. Throw? Yep! That's no contest. Your Fenix will likely out throw my tiny little ZebraLight. So will halogen headlights on a car. I won't likely being carrying either of those in my pocket on a daily basis, though.

The ZL SC600 gives me enormous power from one rechargeable 18650 lithium ion battery, compared to the 4 D cells of the Fenix. The entire ZebraLight barely fills the palm of my hand and fits comfortably into a cargo or pant pocket. I should also add that the tiny ZebraLight will out-throw a good number of supposed dedicated throwers out there. Doing so while at the same time giving you a fantastic flood. If you haven't seen this dynamo in action it will be hard to imagine that this tiny, comfortable to carry light can produce such a powerful beam.

I submit these photos for your consideration...

As an EDC light the ZebraLight SC 600 is pretty close to perfection...for me! Your mileage may vary.

Cheers!

Reply by Richard Reed on March 15, 2012

I do have to agree that it is a small light  and 18650 is a great battery sorce, one of my favorites.  750L is alot of lumens for a light this size .  You might find this zebralight cheaper than some of fenix models  out there and for 750L that aint bad.

I am sure it would make a great back up light tho my back up light only does like 90 lumens.

Im Gonna Look Into the light i might grab one after all.

Reply by Steve Hanner on August 26, 2013

Love that one Ron!

NEW TACTICAL LIGHT/LATEST PURCHASE...

-8 Powerful ultra bright LEDs 96,000 MCD-millcandels. LED bulb life 110,000-plus hour life. runs on (3) AAA batteries.
-Red laser pointer (travels over 450 yards).
-Emergency flasher.
-S.O.S. flash mode LED+LASER
-Anti-roll anodized aluminum water-resistant body design.
-Aggresive Cenulated bezel

Reply by Dave White on June 23, 2009 

Recently got the Maratac 9290 from Countycomm....Amazing light for the price! ($39) Infinite brightness from 6-190 lumens, and runs on a single AA battery. My new EDC light , 4.25" L and 1" D.........I'm a little skeptical about the "hi" rating, seems about 160 lumens compared to my Fenix LD20(180 L.) and a touch "bluer".

Reply by Dave White on July 21, 2009 

Just a follow-up to this: The light is a "sanitized" ITP C7T.....With" 9290-AA "the only markings readily visible. "ITPlight" is stamped on the drive inside. Exactly the same otherwise, and the same price.

Reply by Richard Reed on August 30, 2009

Fenix TK-12 = 225 lumens Turbo mode . (1.5hr) x2 RCR123A batteries
Fenix TK-11 = 240 lumens Turbo mode. (1.5hr) x2 RCR123A
Fenix PD-30 = 220 lumens Turbo mode . (1.5 hr) x2 RCR123A
Fenix E01 = 10 Lumens (21 hr) x1 AA batteries
I have many needs for light that penetrates the dark. My TK11 & My TK12 , mounted to my weapon, puts out enough light to illuminate the 300m targets on the range during night fire. Room clearing, is as if the house lights were turned on.

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on November 14, 2009

FENIX Flashlight LD20 CREE Q5 LED...

Features:

Utilizes a Premium (Q5) Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hours
Two modes of output, selected by turning the bezel (patented)
General Mode: 9 lumens (71hrs) - 47 lumens (13hrs) - 94 lumens (5hrs) - SOS
Turbo Mode: 180 lumens (2hrs) - Strobe
36 days of survival use (2 continuous hours per day on the lowest setting)
Digitally Regulated for Constant Brightness
Uses two 1.5V AA ( Alkaline, NiMH, Lithium ) batteries (not included), inexpensive and widely available
150mm (L) x 21.5 mm (D)
Removable titanium-coated steel pocket clip
Made of T6 aircraft grade aluminum
Durable Type III hard anodized finish
56-gram (or 2.0 oz) weight (excluding batteries)
Waterproof to IPX-8 Standards
Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating
Push-button tail cap switch
Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
Batteries not included
Includes a holster, a lanyard, two spare o-rings, and a rubber switch boot

Operation
Fully press to switch on and turn the bezel to select the General Mode or the Turbo Mode. A soft-press anytime while the light is on will change the brightness levels of a certain mode. Keep the light off for over 2 seconds, the light will turn completely off, and the regulative circuit will be restored.

MSRP: $79.00

Reply by Richard Reed on June 28, 2010

added to collectiofenix:

TK-30 max lumens 630
Fenix PD30+ R4 Edition max lumens 265
TK20 Black Finish, Gray Grip max lumens 150 uses AA x2

u can say i have more flashlights than knives in a way lol =) any question let me know ty. if i had a camera i would post pic up but going to buy a cannon rebel xsi soon=) cant wait

Reply by Richard Reed on March 15, 2011

Been EDC'ing  this  for about 4 months  now and  i love

Fenix PD31 uses cree XP-G R5  LED

Max 304 lumens output

2* Cr123A or 1* 18650 battery

Two modes, six brightness levels

Max 140 Meter throwing beam

200 Hours ultra long runtime

Waterproof to IPX-*

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
3 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
8 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
12 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Sunday
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service