Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I think we need to get a jump on this, so those people who have to plan ahead to purchase one can do so.

Let us discuss and then lockdown a pattern/design, get it priced out and ordered. Buying a knife around the winter holidays is difficult for everyone.

My vote is for a jack/mtnman/barlow-esque pattern Large (or Medium)

Stag/Bone/Burl wood

One/two blades

I would prefer Carbon blades, but an exotic SS is fine.

Views: 4470

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for hosting this one Brad. I could not agree more...Its never too early to discuss our knife for 2013!  I will say the voting is wide open and you can vote anyway you want folder or fixed, stag or G-10 or whatever you would like for us to consider. Eventually we will get down to one or two that Jan can take to get bids on and from there we will have a knife.

Voting does not commit you to purchase. Not until a formal announcement and then we are on. So have at it... here is your chance. Brad's got his vote in(at least a partial), what say the rest?

Ooooooo, a Carbon bladed Slimline Barehead trapper with Stag or Jigged bone handles. Or a large 2 blade Jack with the same finishes. I don't know, too many variations to choose from. This is going to be on my mind until we narrow down a cost people can easily afford.

Bob Biggs said:

I fancy a single cv bladed stag handled peanut .

Well Brad, THANK YOU!

This was on my list of things to talk about this week and your hosting it has been a great help.  So tell me folks....what are we looking at for this year?

Personally, I want a single blade and I like the idea of a barehead.  All ideas are welcome here, I appreciate you all

How about a carbon steel Daddy Barlow with jigged bone handles.
1 large blade, losts of bolster and a great slab of handle.

Just something you don't see everyday.

I like it!

Rome D. Rushing said:

I like the idea of starting the dicussion on this years club knife now. What I am oposed to is another "Whittler" type knife. I think it's time to give some other patterns a chance. I hope, I'm not stepping on anyones toes. I am in favor of the club knife being an "Outdoor" user. If the collectors want to save them, fine but if the members want to take it and make it an EDC and use it in the outdoors, thats fine too. Please, don't mis-understand me and think that last years knife was not a user, it was. I am politicking for a "outdoors type pattern". Just my opinion, guys and gals.....

I like this idea also

Rome D. Rushing said:

Yea buddy, a "Daddy Barlow" is a great pattern knife any way you go. They developed this pattern years ago as a great user by the outdoor comunity and it also became a great collectable pattern. I like the idea. I am sure, though we need to hear from everyone, on their opinions. I think, it'll be fun talking about it.

How about an amber stag mountain man knife with lanyard hole?  I also prefer carbon blades.

However, I could definitely live with Brad's suggestion.  It is a good one.

We've only had 1 slipjoint knife, so far, but the ldea of a daddy barlow sounds real good.
I like your idea better than mine. I am changing my vote to a Mountain man-esque knife. Big
tag slab, backlock. Sturdy user.

Stanley May said:

How about an amber stag mountain man knife with lanyard hole?  I also prefer carbon blades.

However, I could definitely live with Brad's suggestion.  It is a good one.

Ivars,

Lets continue to focus on this year.  I can not discuss companies until I know what type of knife we are looking for.  At time I will know which companies to approach for a build.

The mountain man is a good option

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service