Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I think we need to get a jump on this, so those people who have to plan ahead to purchase one can do so.

Let us discuss and then lockdown a pattern/design, get it priced out and ordered. Buying a knife around the winter holidays is difficult for everyone.

My vote is for a jack/mtnman/barlow-esque pattern Large (or Medium)

Stag/Bone/Burl wood

One/two blades

I would prefer Carbon blades, but an exotic SS is fine.

Views: 4480

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

In searching for a nice smaller fixed blade, I looked into one of our own forum members. Jeff Mutz's GPK-75 & Jezebel fall into our criteria (3.5" & 2.75" respectively). Take a look, I like it as an option.

Automatic Knife? Not unless someone outside California can take delivery and ship it out to me.

I am still rooting for a 3+ inch single High carbon blade knife. Stag or bone. Fixed or folding, locking or not. By no means would I be on board for a multi-tool.

Bob, yes, I agree: our club knife should be an EDC and an outdoors knife as well (but with wood handles). If it’s not too expensive, each of us could buy two – 1 for the wilderness and 1 for the safe ;=).

I like the idea of a single carbon steel blade.

A Daddy Barlow would be fine, especially for Luca (then, should absolutely have wood handles), but I would prefer a smaller pattern. Maybe, yes, a Mountain Man

(with ebony handles – but cocobolo would be an option…)?

But what would you say about something like these ones:

S&M 2011 Heritage Series

Or like this small fixed blade:

???

The Keystone is very nice, I was looking at that while researching patterns yesterday. Assumed it may be out of the running due to the fact people want a harder use knife.

We are getting closer with every opinion, keep them coming in.

you know, yesterday I too was just looking at some patterns.  I found this and thought I would share it

My vote is for whatever model comes out on top ........ in

Queen's PH-D2 

Speaking from experience .. it's superior quality blade steel will please even the most discriminating member. And perhaps .. for others .. provide that first experience w/ professionally tempered D2.

HI all. I think that we all like to carry our knives at times. So a super polished,jazy knife might not be the ticket.

I think that a neck knife has a chance. Ceramic might be the way to go.Cut flat and thin,with a good holding kydex sheath( made with absolutely no metal,for those days that we might have to pass a detector).It could be made into a Krambit shape, and lettered.

john

Bob Biggs said:

so far my vote goes to an AG Russell Mountain Daddy Barlow with Stag,Cocobolo,Amber Bone handles made by Queen or Case maybe Schatt & Morgan.Please stop the room spinning...

LOL, it does feel that way sometimes

Beautiful and - of course - very well made, these Baby Sunfish S&M knives!

Jan Carter said:

you know, yesterday I too was just looking at some patterns.  I found this and thought I would share it

I only have one S&M, my collection could use another. D ale is right PH-D2 is an excellent steel for these Traditonal patterns.

Jan Carter said:

I WOULD LIKE A NICE BOWIE OR CAMP STYLE KNIFE, WITH A THICK BLADE AND CHOICE OF BONE OR 

OR WOOD SCALES. AN OLD STYLE OR "PERIOD" KNIFE THAT WE CAN PASS ON FROM FATHER TO SON.

OR OTHER LOVED ONES. 

To Jan.   I really like your S & M selection you found yesterday.  That is one nice knife.

Brad T. said:

I only have one S&M, my collection could use another. D ale is right PH-D2 is an excellent steel for these Traditonal patterns.

Jan Carter said:

Wow, a NASA computer will be needed to reach a democratic consensus here.  And I'm afraid the end result might not be too enticing.  Somewhere else what they do is to appoint a small group and let them decide. 

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
12 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
13 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service