Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I think we need to get a jump on this, so those people who have to plan ahead to purchase one can do so.

Let us discuss and then lockdown a pattern/design, get it priced out and ordered. Buying a knife around the winter holidays is difficult for everyone.

My vote is for a jack/mtnman/barlow-esque pattern Large (or Medium)

Stag/Bone/Burl wood

One/two blades

I would prefer Carbon blades, but an exotic SS is fine.

Views: 4480

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Juan,

LOL.  Yeah we do too but it is nice for them to have a place to start.  I actually have a spread sheet for this discussion

Why did I know this !?!

Jan Carter said:

I actually have a spread sheet for this discussion.

'n I like what you're doing w/ the place here, Jan !!! 

Please glance at the SOGBP2.  Someone said for a small knife, 2 blades is better.  I still push assisted opening.  At the very least, give us one-handed opening with lockback.  Bolsters and filework are fine, but the basic knife should be useful AND beautiful without being gaudy.  If we need to think ahead, what about a matching fixed and folder duo for next year?

Jan Carter said:

Juan,

LOL.  Yeah we do too but it is nice for them to have a place to start.  I actually have a spread sheet for this discussion

That particular SOG (BP2) is discontinued, but it is my regular carry (plus a gerber spring-assist multi-tool).  It has an emergency cutter blade that can also be an excellent skinner, but it has a drawback there for repeated skinning.  Put a stag or burl wood, change the emergency blade, all in PH-D2, you have a winner.

frank (nibs) dorman said:

That particular SOG (BP2) is discontinued, but it is my regular carry (plus a gerber spring-assist multi-tool).  It has an emergency cutter blade that can also be an excellent skinner, but it has a drawback there for repeated skinning.  Put a stag or burl wood, change the emergency blade, all in PH-D2, you have a winner.

Well whatever knife we pick for the club knife, I think we should honor Miss Jan,"the new owner of our club", with her name on it, for her first year of ownership. My drawing is not all that good and we say something else, as long as it honors Miss Jan. What do ya'll think?

Pretty idea! I want this one!

Hey Jean, you like my idea? I think, it's a great idea. I know, someone has read, my idea. I truly believe, this is a great idea. Miss Jan and Donnie have gone out on a limb for us, to continue this great club. A little recognition on our first club knife under her ownership, would be appropriate. Come on people, tell me what ya'll think.

Sorry, what is it she or they did to "go out on a limb for us"?

Robert Burris said:

Hey Jean, you like my idea? I think, it's a great idea. I know, someone has read, my idea. I truly believe, this is a great idea. Miss Jan and Donnie have gone out on a limb for us, to continue this great club. A little recognition on our first club knife under her ownership, would be appropriate. Come on people, tell me what ya'll think.

frank (nibs) dorman said:

Sorry, what is it she or they did to "go out on a limb for us"?

Robert Burris said:

LOL, no out on a limb.  I am afraid of heights

iKC exists out of a love of the hobby!

I second the motion. Keeping this club around is no easy task and "love of the hobby" is insufficient as a reward.
br/>

Robert Burris said:

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
59 minutes ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
2 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
17 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
23 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service