Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hey, Kissing Crane, collectors, let's see your Cranes. This is a German Knife company that made great knives. I will try post some of it's history, and more photo's of the fine knives this German Knife company produced. Any help from our members, will be greatly appreciated.

Views: 2180

Replies to This Discussion

Michael, I'm not sure. I hope one of our experts on this subject, could help us out. I bought some of the China made knives and they are well made, for the price they ask. The "Vintage Kissing Crane" on Ebay is where I have been shopping for the German knives.

My KK Stockman in Red jigged bone along with their tang stamp.

I tried doing research but it's proving somewhat difficult to find out much or to get confirming information from other sources. From what I am have been able to find the folders are all made in China while the fixed blades are made in Germany. But some sources are saying everything is made in China.The original KK's from Klaas are bringing higher prices as I thought they would when I bought my few pieces. I also keep an eye out for them on eBay and sales I go to.

Michael D. said:

Thanks Robert for the explanation of what happened to Kissing Crane. I knew something changed, now I know. Are any pieces still made in Germany or has all that been shut down?

Chuck, that's a good looking Stockman you have there. Steve Hanner, would probably love it. Miss Sue, might have some history on Kissing Cranes in the Bladesmith Babes, group. I know some knives are being made in Italy, I'm not sure which ones, though.

I was also wondering about, their ownership. Have they been bought out by a Cutlery giant or do they still own themselves?

Nice Stockman Chuck!

Miss Sue, has a lot of info about Kissing Crane knives in the Bladesmith Babes Group. She has a history on page 10, and a little more on page 12. Ya'll check it out. I can't find my camera, so I can't post pictures right now.

Here are a couple of the German made Cranes that I have.A trapper and his cousin, the Copperhead. I think these are the only 2 German Kissing Cranes that I have, but even the Chinese made ones were built good.

I like those Billy! Wish I kept my Kissing Chickens I had from the 70's and 80's.

Yea Billy, those are nice. I've only seen a few of those from China and they are built as good as Rough Riders. They might come from the same factory. If anyone has some from China, lets get a look at those too. I'm still looking for my camera.....XXX#@%^&*

My latest: Robt Klaas 2348 XIV - this is a 4 blade knife in good shape. I need to do some cleaning, but I'll be careful.

Here is my example of the Stockman Whittler. I think mine has one blade that hooks a little.

Yes, Robert, that is just like mine, only in better shape, I really like that knife - I am going to carry it tomorrow.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
9 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
15 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
18 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service