Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Tobias suggested that someone should start a discussion on 5 inch lockback hunters.  Since no one else has, I will.  But since I have two folding hunters and only one of them is a lockback, I will open it up to all 5 inch folding hunters.

Here is my first.  It is a Rough Rider Once In A Blue Moon 5 inch lockback with one blade.

My other one is a Rough Rider Rifleman Series folding hunter.  It is two blades and is not a lockback.

Views: 3050

Replies to This Discussion

ok.. this should fit in this catagory but i believe it is my last one other than my buck 110 so i will post it. a canal street custom.. liner lock.

max... you've got some real beauties there. that 110 is awesome. definitely one of a kind ! nice.

Max McGruder said:

Here's a couple non locking

well... i went ahead and dug this one out.. not a lock blade but worth a photo...another case...big hunter

Thanks Jeff! You sure showing som sweeties too!

WOW!  Over 40 replies now and not a single Buck 110?      Here is my Boy Scouts of America  Barehead lockback Folding  Hunter.  Extremely well made despite the whole China thing!  Brass pins, 440 Stainless steel blade, nickel-silver bolster, nice lanyard hole.  Excellent fit and finish,   No blade wobble.  really nice pakkawood handles.   The cool thing is you can pinch the blade and flick it open one handed.

Buck 110 custom Stag scales, finger grooves and brass shield a friend did for me back in the '80s on page 3

Jeff, if I get one it will be for my collection and not use.  I have several fixed blades that should handle all my hunting chores.  I have Lefty my custom fixed blade hunter.  I have a Bill Wiebe custom skinner and a Buck Omni Hunter.  I also have a Rough Rider Sidewinder.  All these have been and will be used in the future.  If I ever get a folding hunter for use it will probably be a standard Rough Rider.  I won't use the two I have.

jeff said:

charles.. i have this one and the halloween one in the large version, and several of the smaller ones.,  but honestly, to me they seem { thin } to me. if that makes sense to you. i wouldnt pick them as a first choice for actual use. i hate to say that because i collect and own ALOT  of case knives. their mako and similar versions feel much better for use to me. but.. that being said... as a collecter.. yes you need one ! lol ;-)) they are a well built knife CASE !!

Charles Sample said:

Jeff, I like this one!  I'm  a Case collector and don't have  a Case folding hunter.  I need to get one!

jeff said:

here is a case hunter..(non-locking) out of storage..

These aren't lockback hunters, but they fit the criteria for big blades-- all 41/4 inch-- Case Classic Clasp knives- I have a few--LOL

From top to bottom-

1990 Bird of Paradise Clasp-Prototype

1990 End Of Day Clasp-Prototype

1992 Violet Mosaic Clasp-1 of 25

1990 Cherry Chip Clasp-1 of 105

1990 Royal Monarch Clasp-1 of 105

1990 Thanksgiving Harvest Clasp-1 of 275

I have a Couple of Remington Bullet knives, too---

Top to bottom-

1-Remington R1273B-Trail Boss- 2006- Jigged bone-4 1/4 inch master blade

2- Remington R1273- Master Guide-1995-Delrin brown bone-41/4 inch master blade

4 1/4" is good.  I told someone else 4" was good.

jeff said:

ok, here is an old imperial that has seen alot of use...well.. it is actually 4.25" not really what we are looking for, but, I will post it and see if it gets the boot !  :)

nice pair of Remington bullets john!

Buck For Years of service at work

Boker United Jaguar!!

Boker Thuya Wood

Main Deer Skinner!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
46 minutes ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
2 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
17 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
23 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service