Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi,

My name is Rick Perry .  I have never considered my self a 'Knife Collector', but I just received my 5th pocket knife the other day so it occurred to me that I might be in denial! 

Meanwhile, my latest acquisition is a lovely Grand Portage (Honduran Rosewood) from Trestle Pines knives.  It seems to be a good candidate for an EDC - as you folks often say.

I am a retired Chef and consequently I have always been into quality knives, and in particular - Sharp ones. Here are a couple of photos - 1st up is my new G. Portage.

Blade: CPM154 Wharncliffe 2,75"

• Half Stop: Yes
  • Cap Lifter/Screwdriver 420SS 1.875"
  • Steel: CPM154
  • Blade thickness:  .065″ at the mid point
  • OAL Open: 6.187″
  • OAL Closed: 3.5″
  • Height: 1″
  • Thickness: .54″
  • Black Vinyl, zippered, lined pouch

Then a grouping of my 'Not really collecting' pocket knives.

I have been enjoying what I have seen so far on this forum and hope to contribute more in the future.

Rick

Views: 673

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great looking scales on that Trestle Pine Rick.

Thanks John
I am partial to the South American hardwoods.. even though Greg has a great idea with using old wood, I decided to go with the Rosewood. I will put up a better photo when I get a chance.
Rick

John Bamford said:

Great looking scales on that Trestle Pine Rick.

?? Who made the 367/600 w/ carbon fiber scales ??

Nice knives , Rick.

Note: When posting pics .. if you select the second icon to the left (a picture icon) in the command line @ the top of the comment box .. the selected pics will show up visually ..as opposed to.. as attachments.

Can't recall exact models, but I'm going to take a "stab" at manufacturers (haha, funny, huh?  no?  ah...)...  

Let's see how I do, from left to right:

Boker, Buck, Boker, Trestle Pine, Puma, & Eka.

And WELCOME to iKC, Rick!

You did very well my friend. Boker T2 tool, Buck Prince which I have carried in back pocket for probably 22 years - although that is possibly the 5th or six issue .. they are easy to misplace and loose. Next up is the Boker 'Lockback' folder .. Decade edition, had it only a little while..actually well made considering the price. Next is the 3 day old Trestle pines Grand Portage, my new EDC (I think). Followed by the most magnificent German Puma 'Ebenholtz' (Ebony )lockback - without a doubt the most refined "gentlemens pocket knife" I own.. (almost too nice to use). Last but not least the EKA Swede #8, It comes with a sheath which it needs because it is too big for my back pocket ..however, if I go out in the woods, that is the knife I carry.

Rick

dead_left_knife_guy said:

Can't recall exact models, but I'm going to take a "stab" at manufacturers (haha, funny, huh?  no?  ah...)...  

Let's see how I do, from left to right:

Boker, Buck, Boker, Trestle Pine, Puma, & Eka.

And WELCOME to iKC, Rick!

Thanks, it was my first post, I was a little disappointed the photos did' show.
btw - carbon fiber scales is th "Boker decade edition Lockback".

Rick

D ale said:

?? Who made the 367/600 w/ carbon fiber scales ??

Nice knives , Rick.

Note: When posting pics .. if you select the second icon to the left (a picture icon) in the command line @ the top of the comment box .. the selected pics will show up visually ..as opposed to.. as attachments.

That's a good start to a collection, if you ask me! :-)

Ok - I apologize for the not so great photos in the wrong place on my first try at posting here.  .. let's see if I can do better this time.  These are pics of the Trestle Pines Grand Portage with Honduran Rosewood scales.  

Looks like a well loved cutting board.

Nice Trestle Pine , too !!

The Honduran Rosewood sure looks sweet against the brass bolster and pins.

I'm guessing .. you found the icon I was referring too.
!!! .. Nice pics .. !!!

Rick Perry said:

Yeah - Thanks for the tip Dale - it worked.  Here is a shot of my exquisite German “Ebenholz” Ebony Pocket Knife. 

Rick

Blade length: 2.953″ inch  (approx. 7,5cm)
Blade thickness: 3 mm
Length closed: 3.74″ inch (approx. 9,5cm)
Knife weight: 92 g
Scales: Ebony wood
Bolsters: Nickel Silver
Steel / hardness: 440A / 55-57 HRC

Beautiful Puma there Rick.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
1 hour ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
4 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
22 hours ago
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Sunday
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Philip Younavjak
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service