Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I figured that I would help get this group off the ground by starting a topic of discussion about the carbon-steel knives that you guys or gals have. 

Go ahead and post some pictures, and most of all, feel free to comment on the knives that others have.

I'll start it off. 

I am more into the traditional kind of knives that men have carried for generations before I was around. 

Here are some pictures of a few that I have to start:

Views: 1402

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Rick, both those knives I could use right now. I owned a fixed blade in 1075 years ago and it was some kind of cutter. I used it alot.

here is one of mine

Howard, that looks like a really old knife from the period era. Tell us more about. PLease.

very cool looking rick perfect tool for the jungle......

GEC

CV knives are easy to sharpen. To cut a cigar this clean needs sharp.

This is a Black Jack from the Greenville WV days. 1095

This is a current production Blackjack D2 tool steel

This is my old SharpFinger I have had since the early 70s, not stainless. If I ever lose this knife I will probably just catch and release deer on my fly rod so I can release them without cleaning them. What's the matter , you never heard of a deer fly?

The Ka-Bar is still the king of combat knives IMHO. History and legions of vets will attest to the fact this knife will get you there and back if you do your part and get lucky.  At a little over 60 bucks or so with a servicable leather sheath it is affordable. A retired First Sergeant I know accepts  from time to time donated Ka-Bars and gets them in the hands of our brothers and sisters wearing the uniform on the front lines. I am far from rich, but this old vet will not have a knife left in my house ,before I will sit back while there is a soldier out there who is needing a knife.

This current production is 1095. The powder coat is unneccessary in my opinion, but it really isn't hurting anything and who knows what kind of a sticky, wet, dirty poo pie of a country , Our nations Finest will be sent to next, while some REMF forgets to send any kind of oil suffcient for wiping knives. I can tell you that synthetic engine, trans, and gear box oil we used in our aircraft was not worth the trouble, and that LSA stuff wasn't that much better, when the REMFs would even get it to us.

Ken,

Sounds like your buddy is a rare breed.  It is hard to talk a man out of his knife.  The fact that he can successfully do this AND provide that item to a soldier?  HOORAY for him!  (and all of you that keep him donatable knives too)  And join us in the fishing contest in the OUTDOOR group.  I really want to see your catch!

Okay I have some carbon.

This a 0-1 tool Steel.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
34 minutes ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
1 hour ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
17 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
22 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service