Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Over the last week I acquired 4 blade blanks for customization. The materials they use for their "S" line of products are 440C, manufactured in China.

The ones I selected are pictured below:

The top one will definitely receive a Stag taper handle, the Guthook blank will receive a Purpleheart Wood scales w/ Pink liners(for the younger niece). The bottom 2 are to be more detail specific in the handle materials. I would like some ideas on the materials for those, but keep in mind my skill level when making those suggestions. Novice.  

Part Deux:

The knife Fairy brought these to me Tuesday:

Again: Some other blanks that showed up sometime ago:

Tags: Blade, Customize, Knife, Premium, Supply, blanks, handles

Views: 8101

Replies to This Discussion

Low prices, but not a lot to choose from.

Jan Carter said:

Brad,

Sometimes you do better on the wood by buying the block instead of scales.  try something like here

http://www.alphaknifesupply.com/sale-clearance.htm

Hi Brad, I bought that same Sub Hilt about 3 years back and fail in love with it. I used what was called Dragon Scale to make the handles with, I think I found the material on ebay. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Those acrylic scales can be made to look like anything. Very Nice Pete.

Pete,

Did you drill out the pin holes to 1/8"?  Because my blank came with 3/32" dia holes.

This was easy and quick. Maybe too quick, as I think the handle is too long. What do you think? I like this pattern blank, I would like another for some other handle.

Brad,

The handle does look a tad disproportionate to the blade. But I'd rather have too much than too little. I think it looks mighty fine! You're turning into quite the knife maker! And, the more I look at that knife the more I like it!

Good show, mate!

Ron,

Thanks. the more I hold it the more I like it.

That came out great. I wish things would go that easy for me.

Trial and error Robert, you got to keep trying.

I know this knife could have been better, I would have liked the blade to have been slanted down more in relation to the handle than it is. But it is my 1st foray into hidden tang/Crown stag coupling, my next such attempt will take that into consideration when drilling the tang hole.

Keep trying Robert.

Robert Burris said:

That came out great. I wish things would go that easy for me.

Look what the knife fairy dropped off today? Stabilized Walnut Burl, Black Buffalo horn & Camel bone scales. Time to figure out spacers for the sub hilt. Camel bone is going on the Bolstered hunter, The wood and buffalo are reserved for the Sub hilt.

I really like that walnut, Brad. Very nice!

The wood and buffalo are reserved for the Sub hilt.

Man O Man will that subhilt be beautiful

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service