Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest members,

Something we have not talked about lately is new aquisitions.  Tell us about your latest and greatest GEC.  Donnie bought me both the new 23's in the Beavertail (Worlds greatest husband by the way)  He got himself the newest 73 in Primitive bone.  THAT is a heck of a nice knife.

What have you gotten lately?

Tags: Cutlery, Eastern, Great

Views: 12314

Replies to This Discussion

Rusty,the other sunfish knife you are seeing,i think,was a 2010 Tidioute 36 that came with the "Ken Daniels" packaging. It has a different[hot dog] inlay shield,and a single long pull. Your knife is a Northfield with a stamped blade,"Keyhole" inlay shield and double pull.

Like this one?

I bought a burgundy templar at the company store this past weekend. I liked the look on line but seeing it in person and holding it sold me. The solid color and the light weight are really nice. I also picked up an amber bone harness jack. An0ther sweet knife. Nice heft and very utilitarian.

My small collection also includes an easy open GEC in American elk, a Tidioute easy open in Mexican bocote (both very nice pocket carry size) and my favorite, the Riverboat Gambler in snakewood.

Frank,

That templer calls to you when you see it in person doesn't it?  Do you use the harnes jack?  That is one pattern I have been thinking about adding to the collection.

Nice collection, can you share pics?

Jan,

I haven't used the harness jack yet but will. It will be my around the house and rifle range knife. I tried uploading a picture without much luck. Any suggestions are welcome!

Jan Carter said:

Frank,

That templer calls to you when you see it in person doesn't it?  Do you use the harnes jack?  That is one pattern I have been thinking about adding to the collection.

Nice collection, can you share pics?

Frank,

Are the pictures on your computer?  If so choose the second icon on the top of this discussion, next to the word link.  Then hit browse.  Find the pic in your stsem and hit upload       

my latetest, is a complete living room remodel, windows, doors sheetrock, paint floor,and new furniture. Now maybe she will get off my butt and let me buy some more Great Easterns.
LOL, Charles bless your heart...It's time for a new knife
I think Charles deserves a whole fleet of GEC's and a nice display case for them too!
I just picked up a Tidioute Dead Skunk Calf Roper that I have had my eye on. Picking one out was a bit tough, had to find a place that offered pics of each knife cause I liked some but not others. Too much red in one, not enough in another. I like the new Dead Skunk (sorry Jan) but shopping for it is about as difficult as picking my favorite stag handles! We knife fanciers have it so rough don't we!

Charles,

I hope you had a knife case built into that wall!!  Tom, can we see it please when you get it?

Jan,

Here it is. If it doesn't show up, check her out at the bottom of my GEC album on my page - IMG_0649 & IMG_0650.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
20 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
22 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service