Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest members,

Something we have not talked about lately is new aquisitions.  Tell us about your latest and greatest GEC.  Donnie bought me both the new 23's in the Beavertail (Worlds greatest husband by the way)  He got himself the newest 73 in Primitive bone.  THAT is a heck of a nice knife.

What have you gotten lately?

Tags: Cutlery, Eastern, Great

Views: 12314

Replies to This Discussion

You did good with that one Tom!!
Glad to know I'm not the only one that's so particular. Don't hava a skunk yet, but IMO the best ones look just right with about a 60/40 mix of red & white.

Tom Peterson said:
I just picked up a Tidioute Dead Skunk Calf Roper that I have had my eye on. Picking one out was a bit tough, had to find a place that offered pics of each knife cause I liked some but not others. Too much red in one, not enough in another. I like the new Dead Skunk (sorry Jan) but shopping for it is about as difficult as picking my favorite stag handles! We knife fanciers have it so rough don't we!

Frank Calderon said:

I bought a burgundy templar at the company store this past weekend. I liked the look on line but seeing it in person and holding it sold me. 

Frank,

Does that one have "hot red" on the tube endcap? I'm wondering if the hot red and burgundy are one in the same. Have seen some distributors list burgundy and others hot red. Thanks.
Well, the tension reached the breaking point and I just ordered two Whalers from CollectorKnives.  I am a sucker for hard wood handles and couldn't decide whether to get the ebony Tidioute anniversary knife or the cocobolo Northfield with the cool swedge and long pull, so got both!

Heres my newest, a great guy from another forum gifted it to me. I love this knife, really a pretty pice, I think. : )

[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/Jtwoshoes/P1011082-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/Jtwoshoes/P1011095.jpg[/IMG]

Jan, thanks, I like the new Tid. skunk roper.

Bass, the burgundy and hot red Templars are indeed different color scales. I think that the hot red or red hot was a short run of 10-20 (not sure of this # though).

Rusty, I've been having the same problem with the Whalers. I had already ordered the Ebony Tidioute but since I am a NF guy usually I had to get a cocobolo and walnut bone. I think that I have sucker written on my forehead!

Johnny, nice looking knife my friend. Since I am going through separation anxiety waiting for my #72's and Hogan to come back from their birthplace I picked up a few new toys - one that I think that you will like.

Thats one I really like, something just too beautiful about that combination. Love the Elk, and Acorn, very pretty combo. Is that one getting any pocket time? Great knife my friend, I hope it serves you well. : )

I have been using mine with the honey bone, and I really like it, it's a laid back, home from work kind of a knife, at least for me anyhow. I have a few opinions on it that I will share later on, but I'm looking for a good chore to complete first. 

Nice knives, Johnny and Tom. I think a whaler will be my next purchase.

THE KNIVES THAT CAME HOME TO FLORIDA

The his and hers Cranberry Wines are special, no blade etches.  I love them

Nice knives, Jan.  Especially the scrimmed Whaler and the buffalo horn single blade trapper.

My ebony and cocobolo whalers arrived late Friday.  For some reason, I'm having trouble posting pics here, so I put them on the main picture page.  The cocobolo is something special, it's among the prettiest I've ever seen, but then knives are kinda like babies - your own is ALWAYS the prettiest one ever made.  After looking at them for a day and a half, I finally put them together in a picture and noticed the Northfield had a mirror finish and the Tidioute had a satin (I think) finish.  The satin sure photographed easier!  I had been thinking one end was bigger than the other, and sure enough, the main blade end is 1/4" wider than the other end.  It is not an optical illusion!  Finally, before buying one shop around!!  Some sites are more reasonable than others.

Just received the Walnut Stain Bone Whaler #46.  Here is a pic of both the Whalers I have, the other is the Ebony Tidioute 5th year anniversary Whaler.

[IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5909/rl01516.jpg[/IMG]

Attachments:

Thanks Rusty,

That buffalo horn is the gift to Donnie from Johnny TwoShoes and it is just a wonderful knife.  You are correct...our knives are always the best lookin', just like our kids are LOL  You and Russell both did get some very nice looking peices.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
8 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
9 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service