Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest members,

Something we have not talked about lately is new aquisitions.  Tell us about your latest and greatest GEC.  Donnie bought me both the new 23's in the Beavertail (Worlds greatest husband by the way)  He got himself the newest 73 in Primitive bone.  THAT is a heck of a nice knife.

What have you gotten lately?

Tags: Cutlery, Eastern, Great

Views: 12314

Replies to This Discussion

Probably a collector. I usually use the cheaper imports for users. That way if I lose it or mess it up, it doesn't cost me as much to replace. I switch my EDC's every couple of months just to see what kind of knife they are. I don't have to use my Great Eastern knives to find out. I can find that out just by touching and opening them. I think they are the best factory manufactured knife that you can buy. Fit and finish and usability are excellent. Queen and Case are the next best and some of the German imports are after that in my eyes, especially Boker Tree Brand. I have had my Benchmade Pika II as one of my EDC's for the last 4 months. I have cut small tree limbs with that  one. Great Eastern is definately in my collectors.
I absolutley agree.  Donnie usually waits until he finds a reasonable EDC that has minor cosmetic issues and that is what he uses.  Other than that, GEC's are our collectors.

So Donnie asked me to show off his newest please....

Proto type Templar? That is one sweet knife. Bulldog did something a couple of years ago with those type of bolsters and called them Barn door hinges.I recieved my Cripple Creek and GEC hawkbill yesterday. The Cripple Creek is a GEC build. I will try to get some pics this weekend. Donnie should be proud of that one.
that is different for sure it does sort of look like barn door hinges.cool knife donnie.

Billy,

The barndoor hinge was our first thought also.  I am very glad they came out with this.  Last year we made the difficult decision to remove all of the Case Classic that had celluloid handles from the collection.  Unfortunatley that meant the Barn Doors had to go. (Good news is we replaced all those with GEC knives)  Since it has always been a favorite pattern in the collection it is like having an old friend come home.

Here is the Cripple Creek. Orange jigged bone. 3" closed 2 bld Jackknife. Built by Great Eastern.
Here is the new Northfield. This is a 3 3/4" Blood Red jigged bone Baby Barehead Trapper.
what handle is that...I love it
The CC is Orange jig and the Northfield is the Blood Red jig. I decided I should add that info to the pics before time ran out. The trapper is the one that almost gets me every time I open it. It has Really tight backsprings. I fell in love with both of them when I seen them. Knives live has the CC in a 4" toothpick on sale for tonight's show. It is the same color as the Jack. I am probably going to order it.
Billy, that Cripple Creek is a great looking knife!
Thank's, Tom. I did buy the toothpick in that same handle tonight from SMKW.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
14 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
20 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
23 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service