Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Thought I would get this thread started with who will be there?  Donnie and I will be leaving Tampa on July 25, 2011.  This should put us in Titusville PA by the 27th.  Now the open house is on Friday July 29th and 30th.   The area is just plain beautiful and there are lots of things to do while there.  Over the next few weeks I'll add some of the knife opportunites in the area and some area information but I'd really like to know....Will you meet us there?

Views: 600

Replies to This Discussion

Don't forget to visit the Pocket knife room at GEC.  Great place to just sit and talk with your fellow collectors

Chris,

Thanks for keeping me straight on the dates..How 'bout if I help?

Chris Tucker said:

The dates for the open house is actually Thursday, Friday, Saturday, July 28, 29, 30.  Hey Jan, I would be happy to join you at the open house.....oh yeah, I have to work those days....lol

Okay, so what I thought would be a slam dunk case of me going to the rendezvous this year may not happen. I accidentally won tickets to Lynyrd Skynyrd, my favorite band, so I may not be able to attend do to, a way to busy week. But, we'll see, I would hate to miss out on a GEC get together, they're a blast. 

GOD Bless, and be safe to each who make the trip out to see 'em, it's always a great time.

Frank,

Let me tell you a fun place to stay while you are there is the Caboose Motel.  Clean, Roomy, cool and fun.  There was a fireworks show our last time there...http://www.octrr.org/caboosemotel.htm

If you have never been there, now is the time to make plans. If you have been there, then you will have already made plans to attend becuase you know what a great time it is. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

David L. Anthony

Jan, I have a strange question.

Did your husband, who I assume is in the first picture carry that furtaker in a belt holster on the side of his hip, and was there a metal badge on the holster?

Thank you, I'm not crazy ,I may actually have a reason for asking dumb questions.

Johnny,

Yes he did and I do not think that was a dumb question!! BTW, your not crazy

Okay then, it's a small world after all.

Last year when I went to GEC with my family I got out of the car and headed for the door of the factory, right before I entered I passed YOUR husband, we said hello to each other and that was that. When I saw that knife on his hip I was stammered by it's beauty. Thats just too cool. 

Here's something that is also awesome, I think we're gonna get to go to the GEC rendezvous too.

GOD Bless

Oh Johnny I hope you will be there.  I wish we had know then...It is a small world

You all know I am not much of photographer and it is hard to get a picture through the glass.  When you walk into Great Eastern you are actually on the second floor and there is a glass enclosure that allows you to look down into the shop and see production.  This is Bill Howard adjusting one of the machines

I've enjoyed a visit to this factory a couple times, I love this pic. That right there is an American worker making an American product just for us. I get that home town feel from GEC, I love that I hunt a few minutes away, the fact that I wet a trout line in streams close to were my knives are made, I get the feeling something special is at hand. I really connect with the Tidioute line, it just wants to work, and thats what it does. I do hope to be there, I hope to get that feeling of American pride when I walk through the factory door, with a used and trusted knife in my pocket, I return to see where my friend was made. I love GEC.
Me too Johnny

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service