Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Out of curiosity, I am wondering what line of work each of us are in or was in.

As for me, I run the manufacturing end of Roseburrough Tool Co. in Orange, CA. A privately owned company.
Since 1949 this company has been making concrete, masonry, asphalt & plastering hand tools(trowels, floats..etc). My largest competitors are Marshalltown Tool, and Kraft Tools. Both of these companies are located in the Midwest, but have been importing the majority of their tools from Asia. I can vouch for Marshalltown's wood darbies, because they buy them from me.

Well that is a little bit about how I afford my hobby. How about you?

Views: 568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been laid off since June of last year. I work in the transportation field in Pittsburgh where I handle logistics, safety & training, and management. The job market is tough but I keep sending applications and resumes daily. Prayers are welcomed to assist my endeavors.

The same process as a waterjet for blades?

Lee Smith said:

I've been running a waterjet for the last few years but I didn't figure anyone would know what it was.

ROFL,

You get very organized and make every moment count

Brad T. said:

You both still work? Where do you find the time? The website, the tradeshows & a day job.

Jan Carter said:

Nice way to get to know one another Brad, I like it.  Donnie  remodels homes and I am a banker

Sorry to hear about that Chuck, I will pray for you. Would it be possible to re- invent yourself? Try to learn a different trade, thats what I did years ago. Just an idea, I hope the best for you and the people that depend on you. Bless your heart, some job prayers, on their way.

Same thing Jan. If I got caught though it would be 25 yrs. down the drain. lol

Jan Carter said:

Lee Smith said:

I've been running a waterjet for the last few years but I didn't figure anyone would know what it was.

DONT!!!

Lee Smith said:

Same thing Jan. If I got caught though it would be 25 yrs. down the drain. lol

Jan Carter said:

Lee Smith said:

I graduated from college in 1968 as an electrical engineer.  Worked for six years for Kentucky Utilities, then went to work for an electrical contractor building coal burning and nuclear power plants.  I was with the contractor for 12 years until the company fell on hard times and I was laid off.  Then went to work for the Tennessee Valley Authority.  TVA is a federal agency created by an act of congress in 1933.  We provide electrical power in a seven state area around the Tennessee River valley.  I spent the last 25 years of my career with TVA.  I retired this past November.

My hobbbies now include knife collecting (which I have gotten more into since retiring.  For instance I just joined the Case Collectors Club), guns and hunting, travel, and genealogy.

The Uncle Wiskers moniker came afterwards, from my nephew.
I use it for my pit carvings.

Brad T. said:
With a nickname like uncle whiskers, I would have never guessed you were a corrections officer.

My prayers for your future employment are with you.

Chuck Parham said:

I've been laid off since June of last year. I work in the transportation field in Pittsburgh where I handle logistics, safety & training, and management. The job market is tough but I keep sending applications and resumes daily. Prayers are welcomed to assist my endeavors.

Whew!
I would have thought it would have been very odd if the inmates gave you such a name.

J.J. Smith III said:
The Uncle Wiskers moniker came afterwards, from my nephew.
I use it for my pit carvings.

Brad T. said:
With a nickname like uncle whiskers, I would have never guessed you were a corrections officer.

LOL...Can't post what I was called there.
I am retired. I like stag and the old red bone handles.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
22 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
yesterday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
Friday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service