Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Is your favorite shield design the:

Acorn, Bomb, Federal, etc?  Is it stamped with a design or a name?

Or do you not like shields? (Weirdos)

My answer to the questions above is "Yes".  I have not committed to narrowing it down to 1 or 2 yet, but I have always been attracted to an Acorn shield on any knife. As I continue to search for these "oldies" I have a tendency to accumulate, other shields are becoming more interesting.

So, If you have a 1 or 2 particular shields that just speak to you in soft whispers of romanticism, let me see them.

Tags: Shields, Traditional, pattern

Views: 1157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are a couple of my favorite shields.

I, too, like the KaBar dog's head especially the copper series. The acorn which i also like has been on more than one brand, Remington and Rough Rider. I also like the Long Rifle shield that has alson been used on several brands. The Remington Bullet shield is another favorite. I aslo prefer a knife with a shield over a plain sided one. While it's not neccessarily a deal breaker it would definitely be a deciscion maker had I a choice between 2 knives with enough money for only one and they were about equal in all other respects.

Hard to beat that Beaver on GEC's Beavertail series of knives. It's just dam <sic> cool! I also like the simplicity of Schatt & Morgan's Keystone shield, like the one pictured on my Harness Jack (below)...

I also really like the Arrowhead shields that I've seen on some Scagel Fruitport folding knives. Sadly, I do not own any of those yet. But they definitely are on my radar screen. How about Remington's Bullet shield or all of the Cartridge shields that were used on Camillus and Remington knives. Those were also very neat!

Good topic, Brad! And lots of great examples already.

Brad, here are some Scout shields - I like the Acorn on the Remington

Those Scout shields are all cool, Ken! I recognize the Wolf shield, top left, from my very brief Cub Scout daze.<sic>

Yeah, that Cub Scout knife brings back a lot of memories.......one like it was my very first knife in my life! I remember like it was yesterday.....sitting on the front porch "whittling" a block of Ivory Soap into a car!  Yep, soap. That's what we were told to do.

Craig, I remember carving soap as a kid. My granddaddy would allow me to use his trusted Barlow to carve soap. But we carved home made lye soap bars. My grandmother would use the soap chips to do laundry in the huge boiling kettle she had on a fire in the yard. I would carve cars and boats and crude looking animals.

Hope you never had your mouth washed out with that lye soap! LOL!

I even remember going to Hecht's Department Store in Silver Spring Maryland to go to the Scout department and pick out my new Cub Scout knife. I was so excited I couldn't sit still! LOL!! Hung it on my belt.....I felt like a million dollars! 

Craig, I was in Scouts in Washington, D.C. - I used to go to Sears Roebuck (I think it was toward Rockville) to the Scout center there to get my official equipment. The Boy Scouts saved my life - as a young teen in the city - the gangs called and I fooled with that some, but the Scouts was what I loved.

this winchester shield has always been one of my favs, and the acorn shield {gec}

We were neighbors!!

Ken Spielvogel said:

Craig, I was in Scouts in Washington, D.C. - I used to go to Sears Roebuck (I think it was toward Rockville) to the Scout center there to get my official equipment. The Boy Scouts saved my life - as a young teen in the city - the gangs called and I fooled with that some, but the Scouts was what I loved.

i do like this simple little case shield also,but,in this case, i think it hurts the image on handle,..what do you think?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service