Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hey who all on here hunts, and if so what do you hunt? What are some of your favorite game to hunt?

Views: 1792

Replies to This Discussion

The Old Man And The Boy is my favorite.

I believe his talents really shown through on this series, my uncle has a lot of his books and I borrow them from time, to time, I've really enjoyed the ones I've read so far.

Jim Corbett is my favorite writer, he transports you in time with his writing ability. Very precise details, and imaginative wording. I've also enjoyed Peter Capsticks experiences.

Well boys its time to get the guns out and start hunting on this group.  I'll bet we can get some good stories going on here. I'll have one soon, hope ya'll can too. Thanks, your old hunting buddy.
How many would like to hear about a rabbit hunting story in Devil Swamp a few years back?
:)  me!

Robert.... Tell the Tail, Tell the Tale, Tell the Tale.!!!!!!

I need a good rabbit huntin' story.

When my grand daughter gets home. We'll put it on.

I thought we were gonna hear a story.

I guess Robert was just pulling our legs... yeah thats it... he has no story, do you Robert?

Okay, you may have a story, but now you have to prove me wrong and tell it. :)

Yes Johnny, I have a story and it will be on soon.  You're gonna enjoy it I think. My Grand daughter has promised to help tomorrow.+

I'm just bustin' your chops.

I'm a patient person, tomorrow sounds like a good day for a story.

A Rabbit Hunt in Devil's Swamp.
    The reason the capitol of LA has never expanded its city limits northward is because of the location of a large and terrible swamp. Modern man and all his equipment cannot tame this demon. Its edge borders the greatest river in North America, the Mississippi. Our forefathers named this forbidding place Devil's Swamp.
    There are a few brave hearts that hunt in this wilderness each year. 1985 was the year I began trying my luck at hunting in this trecherous yet wonderful swamp. The land owners built a hunting club there with duck blinds, deer stands, and 2 foot lodge 15 ft. off the ground. The plan was that if the river should rise, the lodge would be safe from water damage. The property was only accesible by boat, the Mississippi had to be crossed on each visit.
    After constructing the lodge with all the hunting amenities, the owners needed a person to run the lodge. A person well schooled in hunting, was good with people, loved the outdoor sports enough, and I guess, crazy enough to take on the Devil's Swamp.
    Well, you guessed it, I became hunting master there that same year. I served in that position for 3 years, with excellent hunting success and some great times. I decided to return to the Atchafalaya Swamp where I had hunted and fished my whole life.
    I am glad that I had the chance to hunt there and I savor all the memories I have of those times.
    Many years had passed since I left Devil's Swamp and then one evening the phone rang. I answered to discover the owners of the swamp on the other line. After all the formalities, they finally got down to business, the reason for calling. It seemed that there was an abundance of rabbits on their property and after a few attempts with other hunters and their rabbit hounds, they all seemed to end in some sort of failure.
    They wanted me and a hunting buddy of mine to go over there and put on a rabbit hunt for them. It didn't take much convincing, as I was sold on the idea. I would get to visit my old hunting grounds and enjoy a good hunt.

Stay tuned for part 2!

A small correction. It's not a 2 foot lodge, its a 2 story lodge. [first and second floor]

Robert Burris said:

A Rabbit Hunt in Devil's Swamp.
    The reason the capitol of LA has never expanded its city limits northward is because of the location of a large and terrible swamp. Modern man and all his equipment cannot tame this demon. Its edge borders the greatest river in North America, the Mississippi. Our forefathers named this forbidding place Devil's Swamp.
    There are a few brave hearts that hunt in this wilderness each year. 1985 was the year I began trying my luck at hunting in this trecherous yet wonderful swamp. The land owners built a hunting club there with duck blinds, deer stands, and 2 foot lodge 15 ft. off the ground. The plan was that if the river should rise, the lodge would be safe from water damage. The property was only accesible by boat, the Mississippi had to be crossed on each visit.
    After constructing the lodge with all the hunting amenities, the owners needed a person to run the lodge. A person well schooled in hunting, was good with people, loved the outdoor sports enough, and I guess, crazy enough to take on the Devil's Swamp.
    Well, you guessed it, I became hunting master there that same year. I served in that position for 3 years, with excellent hunting success and some great times. I decided to return to the Atchafalaya Swamp where I had hunted and fished my whole life.
    I am glad that I had the chance to hunt there and I savor all the memories I have of those times.
    Many years had passed since I left Devil's Swamp and then one evening the phone rang. I answered to discover the owners of the swamp on the other line. After all the formalities, they finally got down to business, the reason for calling. It seemed that there was an abundance of rabbits on their property and after a few attempts with other hunters and their rabbit hounds, they all seemed to end in some sort of failure.
    They wanted me and a hunting buddy of mine to go over there and put on a rabbit hunt for them. It didn't take much convincing, as I was sold on the idea. I would get to visit my old hunting grounds and enjoy a good hunt.

Stay tuned for part 2!

Great writing, I can't wait for part 2.

Sounds like a hunt, and a memory to last a life time.

P.S.

Good looking rabbit, and beautiful knife. : )

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service