Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I recently learned that Remington had four high quality Damascus steel knives made in the 1980's. Apparently two were German made and two were Japanese made. I now have one of each, one a fixed blade and one a folder. Pictures not yet taken so will have to add photos later.

The German knife was a Manfred Sachse forged Damascus, which at the time may well mean the knife was made by Boker. It looks exactly like the Boker 1986 Annual Damascus with burnished antler scales and engraved bolsters. It is serialized and is one of 1,980 knives in this series.

What I am more curious about is the Japanese made knife which I know nothing about its manufacture. It is a fixed blade "fighter" as it is sharp on half the top edge. It is a San Mai Damascus, often made by Japanese craftsmen. It has brushed nickle/silver bolsters and is serialized and numbered. This series is limited to 1,000 and is purported to be designed by Gil Hibben. I would love to know more about this knife, so if anyone has information, I sure would appreciate it, as well as any information on the other Damascus knives made for Browning about that time period. Thanks

Views: 370

Replies to This Discussion

Art, they sound great. I can't help you out with the info. Please, post us a picture whenever you can.

I have 4 or 5 Remington's (2 of one model and 3 of the other I believe) that have damascus blades too, but I think they are late '90's. I'll look tomorrow and get pics, but I think they are a Trapper and Mini Trapper with mother of pearl scales. They come in ceramic boxes that break easy =(. Here's a pic of one from the net until I get a few pics of mine.

Attachments:

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service