Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Any other vintage collectors of Parkers, American Blade, Taylor, United Boker, Frost, or STAR brands out there? 

Am far from an expert on these brands, but I do own a few!  I typically have gone "straight to the horses mouth", with many of my questions answered by Buzz Parker.  Have another friend, who I would consider experienced with '80s SEKI produced brands.  Drop me  line, or a question anytime please!  Thanks.

Tim

Tags: pocketknives, seki, vintage

Views: 10685

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes ken.  just stating that there are many variations of this style referred to as lobster knives. 

Wow, this is a really neat thread

OK, Had to look up Levine's Guide to get the answer...

"James Crawshaw, a cutler & merchant who worked in Sheffield from about 1817 to 1850, invented a new style of pen knife in the 1820's. An 1831 history described it as "the lobster-knife, by which four blades open upon one spring...which instead of forming the back, as in the old method, is placed along the middle of the handle and between the scales or side of the handle, so that it works on each side, hence admits of blades at each end & even any number of them. The mode of slitting the spring gave rise to the many-bladed knives in all their varieties. Mr. Crawsha took out no patent, but is a wholesale manufacturer".

thanks alan.  drop in anytime!

thanks for your info ken!

Alan,

I agree.  I have been watching and adding what I can.

Ken,

Excellent info on the Lobster pattern!  Sometimes it is hard to find pattern origins

Thank you Jan, Tim.

Here is a Hattori H-700 Mahagony handled Hunter that is currently made. And with it is the original version that Hattori made for Parker.in the 1980s who marketed it under the "Parker Custom Series" line. It is etched "Handmade by Ichiro" and serial numbered on the blade. The Parker version sported a long swedge that went all along the spine, whereas the current version is more of a "parachute knife" design. Also while the Parker version had solid straight tang in the handle, the current version is tapered. Otherwise the dimensions and handle appear the same. Parker also offered some models that were "Handmade by Tak Fukuta" of which the Loveless style drop point hunter may be the best known. 

The most current version has cleaner lines but you have to admit, Parker was offering some amazing knives for the 1980 period.  The man knew his audience and his steel

I like the newer one best as well , but they are both very nice .

two beautiful knives ken!  thanks for sharing these.

ken, what wood is used on these two pieces?

Tim, the handle is Mahagony and the hilt is Nickel Silver.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
18 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
20 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service