Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I figured that I would help get this group off the ground by starting a topic of discussion about the carbon-steel knives that you guys or gals have. 

Go ahead and post some pictures, and most of all, feel free to comment on the knives that others have.

I'll start it off. 

I am more into the traditional kind of knives that men have carried for generations before I was around. 

Here are some pictures of a few that I have to start:

Views: 1402

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

HERE IS ONE THAT I JUST FINISHED, IT IS 75% SAWBLADE STEEL, AND 25% 201 NICKEL. THE ARROW HEAD BOLSTERS ARE MADE FROM THE SAME STEEL. BONE STAG HANDLE. GOOD OLE CHEAP SAW BLADE STEEL!
Attachments:
WOW! All that technical stuff gives me a headache! Gramps carried the same razor sharp Schrade 8OT for more then 30 years. I don't think he really gave a hoot weather it was drop forged or stamped out, it just worked for him. Personally i'm the same way. If a knife takes a razor edge and performs the daily tasks that I need it to, I don't really care what the technical aspects are.

Michael Bolen said:
HERE IS ONE THAT I JUST FINISHED, IT IS 75% SAWBLADE STEEL, AND 25% 201 NICKEL. THE ARROW HEAD BOLSTERS ARE MADE FROM THE SAME STEEL. BONE STAG HANDLE. GOOD OLE CHEAP SAW BLADE STEEL!   Excellent work Michael! That's a real work of art!
A  reproduction of the MARBLE'S trailmaker .. commissioned by James Parker .. stamped 1992.

Sweet Dale, I like the lines on that one

Wow Rick, that's the real deal!

Sure is, clearing brush with those?

nice kukris rick i bet there is no tall weeds in your yard.ha;ha;.......
Attachments:

Rick I was just looking at the Nepalize knifes on here in this (Gurkah's)  They have some powerful statements regarding their knives.  Since you own at least 4 tell me what you think about their quality.  The cost appears to be  very resonable

RicK said:

Heres my 4 kukris 5160 sprinp steel and yeah there sharp one of my all time favourite blade styles great to collect awesome to use ....

Dom,

I would think the FBI would be more likely to put an agent name and number on it than the CIA would.  Either way, that is one sweet knife

Now if I could only spell your name right...ooops

Dot

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
23 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
yesterday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
Friday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service