Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

It is going to happen one day, if it hasn't already many times. You wake up only to discover you simply can't find your EDC, or the one you wanted for that day.

What'll you do? Pull out another one and chalk up the other one? Get on eBay right then? Cry like a baby? Accuse someone in your house of stealing it (or throwing it away)?

And if you had to buy a new one- what'd it be? Had your eye on a new one but were waiting til your birthday, now's your chance- tell us what you'd get and why-

Tags: edc, knife, lost

Views: 351

Replies to This Discussion

That's cruel dude !!!

I would indeed grab another ... but, the thought of loosing a good knife ... no fun !!!

My EDC's vary ... a modified Case Culock is a fav. Queen's 06L has been wking out well, a little heavy in the pocket though.

New one ... been looking @ Kershaw's Chive. Some people think it's too small. I'm worried more about the quality of the steel.

What do you folks that already own a kershawscallion or chive have to say about their blade steel ???
About 6 months ago I did loose my EDC. Unfortunately it was a gift from my wife. Even more unfortunately it was a William Henry w/wave damascus blade and snakewood scales. Maybe it's stupid to use it for an EDC but man was it nice to look at and a great size for the pocket. After 3 months of my griping about losing it, my wife said to get a new one. Since I did manage to find an exact replacement I bought it but have yet to carry it.
I tear my house apart looking for it, I do have a back up in case such a thing happens.
Funny story about this subject, about two years ago my main EDC knife whas a tanto half serrated speed assist Kershaw Blur, best damn knife i ever owned I had had it since I turned 18 and it was just a part of me. Anyways I woke up one morning and on my way out to work i couldn't find the knife so I casually looked around no results, after work that day I came home and started looking around for it, No results. my girlfriend at the time was also very much into knives like me so i thought she was trying to be funny and take it from me and hide it, she denied it and for the longest time I didn't believe her cause it wasn't her first time lying to me. needless to say I went for 5 months looking for this knife all the time. Now I almost got to the point of buying another knife like it but when a knife is almost $80 you dont really want to lose it. So one day long after me and my now ex-girlfriend Broke up I was leaving my 8 AM saturday class at college when a friend of mine asked me for help with his car. Given I'm a mechanic and looking at his car I went to mine to pull out my jack from the trunk, Low and behold what is lying under the carpet on top of my spare tire but my Kershaw. we fixed his car. I later sold my kershaw to a dear friend who was going out to live in the wild for a few months with nothing but the clothes on his back, I more of gave him the knife cause I knew it was going to be used for good means. I still want to get another one sometime.
No real problem, I reach into the drawer and just like that I got myself a new one. I will however retrace my steps, search my old clothes and revisit every place I've been to to find the one I lost. Honestly does not happen too often. I did lose my old Imperial fish knife but found it again the next year. Minus one side...It is now yellow on 1 side and silver on the other the after affect of a 1000lb cow walking over it. Don't take it out much now...I've resorted to knives sporting pocket clips....

Hmmm, interesting. But it won't happen. I have an old multi-drawer jewel box on my dresser that I put all of my EDC users in.  They're ALWAYS there waiting for me. My wife likes knives too, so she knows not to let anything happen to them. 

But, IF, my favorite at the moment EDC went missing (The horror! The horror!), I'd buy another just like it. And while I was waiting for it to get here, there would be inquisitions.

i would go crazy, trash the house and clear out my safe and find or cry

I lost one about 12 years ago. Left it on a bumper of a work truck. It was a Case trapper, and I'm still crying about it.
Constantly. No joke. Goodness I miss that Knife. I've bought and had many given to me since then. BUT!!!!!! I still miss that Knife!

Yes.  In fact it happened to me lately.  I EDC a Case Mini Blackhorn.  It is so small and weighs so little that I don't even notice it in my pocket.  Yet it is a lockbback and handles all the cutitng I nomally do.  Anyway I lost it.  Not misplaced, lost.  Rather than take anything out of my collection, I bought a Case Caliber to replace it.  The Caliber is similar to the Mini Blackhorn.

About two weeks later, I was walking back to my truck after deer hunting.  I deer hunt on a friend's property about five miles from my house.  As I was approaching my truck, I noticed my Mini Blackhorn laying in the grass.  Even more amazing is that my friend had bush hogged that area after I lost the knife.  The knife was undamaged and is now residing in my pocket where it belongs.

I recently picked up a Leatherman Style PS -- came in really handy for the frequent enough occasions when i needed a pair of pliers, that long nail file, or a surprisingly strong (& pointy!) pair of tweezers.  I kept it on my keychain 7 everything was going great.  It replaced my SAK Classic because it was bigger & stronger & still fit well in my pocket.  Then I took my car in for an airbag recall, I took the loaner to the monthly knife club meeting, followed by a sorely needed trip to target, then back to the dealership with a few bags to transfer.  Suddenly that Leatherman was gone -- I had literally lost my Style that day!  I searched all my pockets & everywhere in my car -- even in those Target bags, but it was nowhere to be found.  

It was a bummer -- I blame Takata for installing those potentially defective airbags in the first place!  :)  But at least we didn't have a fatal airbag explosion.  So I ordered another through REI; it should be here some time this week!

Well I am glad you had the airbag fixed LOL.  I hate losing a knife but at least you had a way to replace it

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
9 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
10 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service